Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Why don't I have a reminder about closing more than one tab?
Used to, but don't anymore in Lion.
Used to be I had a reminder asking if I wanted to close all the tabs if I red x'ed out a window.
I kinda like that feature.. Can it be reset in Lion??
Frank

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Why don't I have a reminder about closing more than one tab?
Used to, but don't anymore in Lion.
Used to be I had a reminder asking if I wanted to close all the tabs if I red x'ed out a window.
I kinda like that feature.. Can it be reset in Lion??
Frank

I'm pretty sure there is a checkbox for it in Safari (which I assume is what you're using since you mentioned no browser). Safari assumes resume is turned on, in which case you never really close the tabs, just hide them

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I don't think hiding is what the OP is trying to do.
From what I've experienced, it's just sometimes annoying when this happens. Say, you've got various other tabs open on one window. And suddenly, when you do a shift-cmd-w all the tabs closes instantly. Cmd-z works fine if you press it right after the tab closes, but it doesn't work when multiple tabs are closed.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I find I use my iPad more and more for its simplicity.
Frank

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I don't think hiding is what the OP is trying to do.
From what I've experienced, it's just sometimes annoying when this happens. Say, you've got various other tabs open on one window. And suddenly, when you do a shift-cmd-w all the tabs closes instantly. Cmd-z works fine if you press it right after the tab closes, but it doesn't work when multiple tabs are closed.

I think you need to read the posts

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-02 at 9.38.09 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-02 at 9.38.09 AM.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 71

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
iChat needs a "disable confirm chat" button.

However I"ve set it so I don't get the reminder when I close safari with multiple windows. Not sure how I did it with Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.