Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zampano`s

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
Because the graphic cards a a ****ing shame !!!

Sorry to be straight, but i've always been a mac user and now i'm proud owner of a MacPro. And yes, it can fly... :rolleyes:

But you cannot play any games with high quality graphic on the 4 or 8 muscles Mac. Not with OS and not under WINDOWS, because the best graphic cards for MacPros are a joke compared to what much cheaper Mickey Mouse Windows machines offer.

It's a shame, Billy. I wonder what kind of frolic product "manager" does the product planning for the MacPros.

At least the Windows guys out there have a good time, rolling on the floor laughing about us apple gamers. :mad:

Greetings from Switzerland.
Forza Alinghi !!!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I have the occasional Football Manager session on my Mac. That's about it.

The reasons why I don't play more on my iMac are:

• I have other things to do
  • I've become completely disheartened at the lack of quality titles being released (all games, all systems)
  • I have a Wii, PS2 or the original Xbox for my gaming needs (when they arise)

raptor96

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
RI
I do not play A LOT of games because I am hooked on WoW. :D

I don't play because the only game I did play was WoW and being gradumicated I need to find a job and take my grad school exams.

Vraiment dommage since I had just gotten BC and was at 62 with my main. Sniffle.

stillmaticshay

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
i have never been a huge computer gamer personally, always was into console and handheld gaming.

i was thinking of getting quake or ut for my intel based imac, now im not so sure.

think ill just wait and get ut when when comes out for ps3 sometime next year.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Because I will only have a 1 GHz Dual G4, which probably wont run most of todays games at all.

But, thats what my PC is for, espically with its Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT driven by a Radeon X1950 Pro. :D

Cheesecake

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
I do game on it, but mostly on the windows partition. As for OS X, I have a few demos here and there to keep me busy if i'm in the middle of something and need a break but most of the time i'm just too busy doing other things to play a game.

Smokedrop

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
I do play mac games...like I have allot dont play allot just have them. I have the old sims liven large, zoo tycoon with expansion, halo, warcraft 3 with expansion, backyard soccer, gameboy, iNES, Snes9x,wow,pac man2, and chess haha.....and no I didn't buy all them hahaha.:)

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Because Aspyr does most of the ports, and they refuse to release non-bloated/non-Intel games anymore. My G4 1.42 w./1 Gig RAM, 64 MB Radeon 9600 has enough oomph on paper to run current releases (at least RTS/4X), but.... Civ IV? Bloated far beyond the PC version. Empire at War? Oh, it's Intel-only.

I bought & still play Rise of Nations, Civ 3 Complete, C&C Generals, etc., but the pubs seem content to ignore any future chance to get my money.

Mr.Fishy

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
There really ain't any games for the Macintosh and I am not a gammer.

Friends don't let friends use Windows.
:apple: Think Different

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Because I only have a 867Mhz 12" PowerBook G4. :eek:
But soon, MacBook Pro!

Also, StarCraft and WarCraft III are the only computer games I want to play. I have a Game Boy Micro, DS Lite, Wii, Xbox 360 and PS2 for everything else. :D

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Too much to do . . . too much to do . . .

Anyway, if I played games I wouldn't have time to visit MR!

-::ubermann::-

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
because macs hardware sucks

pc games are definitely my choice, because I play rts or fps, total war series, age of empires's, unreal tournaments's, quake's, call of duties... consoles aren't appropriate for that gaming

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
I play both console and PC games, but Macs are just not made for gaming. Of course, you can run PC games on XP on Macs nowadays... but just as OS X users don't think using OS X on a x86 PC is 'authentic,' the same sort of thing could be said about using XP on a Mac.

And it is no surprise the majority of posters here who only own Macs will decry PC games as inferior to console games... It's fun to assume/generalize what you can't/don't have so you won't feel so bad.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
And it is no surprise the majority of posters here who only own Macs will decry PC games as inferior to console games... It's fun to assume/generalize what you can't/don't have so you won't feel so bad.

Couldn't have said that better myself. I see that all the time when talking about this stuff.

Luckily, people with intel macs shouldn't have to do this any more :D

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I own several games for my Mac, but I don't play them very often, as I have a hard time wasting time. I own Starcraft, but haven't played it since 2002. I have Star Trek: Elite Forces, but haven't played it since 2003. I have Unreal Tournament, but haven't played it since 2003.

The only game I play with any frequency is SimCity 4, but I don't play it often.

TEG

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
IFirst and foremost, games don't have the same "feel" on my Mac; even when I hook up my PC keyboard and mouse.

I agree with you skinny, My Macbook pro's x600 (or whatever it is) is about a million times better then the 855GMA that was in my last laptop, but I'd LOVE to get my old comp back for games. The mouse doesn't react the same, the one button on the touchpad makes gaming HORRIBLE, and there's just something about the OS that makes me not want to play games on it, to the point where I'm considering building/buying a PC just for games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.