Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
As of two weeks ago, iTunes12.3.3 has stopped recognizing any newly created pdfs that are stored in iBooks 1.5. This means as of two weeks ago there is NO SYNCING new pdfs to any device I own using iTunes12.3.3.

Trashed iBooks app and iTunes app, xml file, & plists
I have reinstalled El Capitan 10.11.4.
I have started in SAFE BOOT mode.
I trashed all COLLECTIONS in iBooks and recreated and sorted my library.
Moved newly created pdfs out of iBooks and re-added.

Yet, iTunes12.3.3 REFUSES to show newly created pdfs in iBooks newer than two weeks ago.

What the heck is happening to iTunes? What update destroyed the use of iTunes in syncing new pdfs to my devices?

Last edited:

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Is anyone successfully syncing iBooks1.5 pdfs to their devices (iPad Air iOS9.3), using iTunes12.3.3?

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Is anyone successfully syncing iBooks1.5 pdfs to their devices (iPad Air iOS9.3), using iTunes12.3.3?
The solution does not make sense, but it is required by iBooks and iTunes to sync anything between a mac and a device.
When setting up iBooks for the first time, ENABLE iCloud in the iBook setup. Do it even though you are not storing data in the cloud, besides passwords and keychain items.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.