Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
I'm often very frustrated when trying to resize a window, Finder or otherwise.... grabbing the corner should be simply, but too often, the cursor won't change to the diagonal arrow, or I have to get it on just the right pixel to get the window to resize diagonally.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be some third party software interfering? I don't run a lot of software, just the Bitdefender anti-virus, 1Password, Chrome/Firefox/Safari, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office and DxO PhotoLab. Could it perhaps be the Logitech mouse I've used?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Sounds like a wise first step to try out. Or just get it installed correctly. A lot of people use their software, so I find it curious if such a bug wouldn't be fixed quickly.

be9em0t

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2024
Just to confirm - I have the same problem, and I notice that nobody pays much attention to it.
In my case the problem is exacerbated by Adobe products, Photoshop in particular.

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Just to confirm - I have the same problem, and I notice that nobody pays much attention to it.
In my case the problem is exacerbated by Adobe products, Photoshop in particular.
See, world? I’m not crazy!!!
The zone where the cursor changes to a diagonal or horizontal arrow is about one pixel across in many of my apps.

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
It's at least a 20x20 points area, but Adobe is known to reimplement everything in a worse way, so it would be a surprised if they broke it.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Yes, I think I do. They have a bug which keeps it from being fully installed, so I don’t think it works. I suppose I could remove it…
Can you be specific about what bug Logitech has? I had no problem at all installing it on numerous Macs and it works perfectly.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
...but Adobe is known to reimplement everything in a worse way, so it would be a surprised if they broke it.
You're just making things up. There's NO WAY Adobe would EVER implement a standard feature in their software in an unconventional way!

< /sarcasm > 🤪

Reactions: be9em0t
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.