Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
just looking in icloud whilst trying to fix a different problem with flight details, and i notice that my icloud.com login is fine for photos, reminders, mail, contacts etc....

but calendar is empty.

on my iphone, i have things ive added manually, birthdays, various added external calendars (surely i dont need to add them separately to each device)

ive even just manually added our christmas party on my phone, set the calendar to home, and looked and its not there.

i then added a test, on icloud.com and it appeared instantly on my phone.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Do you have calendar sync turned on in the iCloud settings?

Do you have any third party email setup? You might be using their calendar by default.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Do you have calendar sync turned on in the iCloud settings?

Do you have any third party email setup? You might be using their calendar by default.

just checked and sync all is selected, and i dont use any third party apps for email or for calendars. ive just noticed at work whilst trying to uncancel a cancelled flight event in calendar (see my other thread) and im at work so havent checked if my mac and ipad are synched.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
just checked and sync all is selected, and i dont use any third party apps for email or for calendars. ive just noticed at work whilst trying to uncancel a cancelled flight event in calendar (see my other thread) and im at work so havent checked if my mac and ipad are synched.
Not third party apps. Third party accounts. Like getting gmail synced to your Apple mail app. By default you'll also get Google Contacts, Notes and Calendar syncing to the corresponding Apple apps.

At any rate. When you have Calendar open. You can click on "Calendars" at the bottom. To see a list of all the calendars you are currently using and what accounts they are connected to. If you click on any specific event in your calendar. There's a section in the event labeled Calendar. Which will tell you which Calendar that event is located in.

Reactions: TorbenIbsen

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Not third party apps. Third party accounts. Like getting gmail synced to your Apple mail app. By default you'll also get Google Contacts, Notes and Calendar syncing to the corresponding Apple apps.

At any rate. When you have Calendar open. You can click on "Calendars" at the bottom. To see a list of all the calendars you are currently using and what accounts they are connected to. If you click on any specific event in your calendar. There's a section in the event labeled Calendar. Which will tell you which Calendar that event is located in.

thanks for your patience and trying to help me, much appreciated.

i have 3rd party emails, including my personal email (******@netmadeira.com)which is my icloud login.

i dont use google contacts/calendar/notes and although i have a gmail account on my phone its for various apps like google home, not for my calendars.

when i have the calendar open on my phone i click on calendars, i see

Icloud:
Home
Calendar
Family
Personal
Celtic fixtures
FIFA world cup fixtures
Maritimo

the last 3 being online 3rd party calendars for football fixtures.

Other
Holidays
Birthdays
Siri Suggestions.

when i click on icloud i see:
Home
Calendar
Personal
Family

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Open one of your events. Look for the Calendar entry in the event. Click on it. It'll tell you which calendar it is going to. Which is most likely the same for all your other events.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
went to post about this again, and thankfully macrumors reminded me of similar questions including my own from 2 years ago.

still the same. iphone has various subscribed calendars for sports events and public holidays. neither mac nor icloud.com has them. how can i get them all to sync?

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Go to Settings then tap on your name then select iCloud then tap Show All then see if the toggle for calendars is enabled [showing as green by default]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.