Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drpepper99uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Hello,

I recently got given a 1GB USB flash drive from a friend, and he wanted me to put some of his albums onto it after loading them up into iTunes and ripping them into mp3 format so that they could be transferred over and then deleted from my current iTunes playlist.

I then set about transferring(drag and dropping) over the mp3 folders listed in the iTunes music folder directory under the music shortcut in the Macintosh HD icon to the mp3 player. All went well with no problems, all of the album transferred over although they appeared to have duplicate files names so I ran a program called Findercleaner to take care of them and leave me with just the normal tracks and not tracks which don't play. Just for reference this mp3 player looks the same as this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Real-2G...4017704QQihZ005QQcategoryZ73839QQcmdZViewItem

And it uses the same software inside which I have seen a few other brands use.

Playing them is not the problem, it's when you go to pause or turn off the player it won't resume from where it left off, when unpaused or turned back on again. I got a friend to format the drive under Windows XP and a load a few tracks on it and them all seemed to pause just fine and resume from where they left off with no problems at all so it makes me think that it's either the mp3 player is not Mac compatible at all, or I haven't formatted in the right format for it to work right for the Mac ok under Disk Utility which only seems to provide MS-DOS as the nearest Windows compatible formatting choice and not FAT,FAT32 etc which I think is what this player relies on. Has anyone else had this issue at all? There's some real nice alternative mp3 players out there, but unfortunately if it means i'd have to stick with an apple branded player then so be.

Michael.

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
Well seeing as it doesn't appear to have any actual brand name, I'm going to guess that it's not compatible with Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.