Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I wouldn't consider inserting a DVD, selecting a preset, and clicking go, difficult.

It is if you're unsure what preset to use, or if you want to encode to multiple presets. If you rip the DVD to your HD using MTR first, you can do multiple encodes without having to re-rip each time.

julianna1973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Scotland
If you got jagged edges you probably need to turn on deinterlacing options.

Also the best way to use Handbrake is to use it for encoding only.

Use MacTheRipper to rip all of your discs, then with Handbrake you can queue up everything so it encodes while you sleep or go to work.

Just remembered that i cant rip region 2 dvds. Somehow my region locked onto region 1 before i had used up my change "allowance". I guess i will have to wait until i get my new imac. Im just waiting on Apple releasing a new model next year.

eleven59

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
well unless there is a sale or it's an older season, even best buy has the same prices as itunes around here.. wal-mart and target usually will drop prices on older seasons but not all the time. that's just been my exp...

yes handbrake rocks, however good luck getting any help from the pricks on the forums there... real stuck up ******s...

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
One point that hasn't been mentioned yet is that with iTS, you can get the shows the day after. With a DVD box set, you have to wait until the entire season is over and then probably a few weeks (to a couple of months) before you can even buy the DVD set.

So if you want the shows in your library almost right away, your choice is iTS.

ft

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
yes handbrake rocks, however good luck getting any help from the pricks on the forums there... real stuck up ******s...

This is uncalled for. If you want discussions about specific ripping utilities and movies, there are other forums.

This is a forum about Macs and Apple (along with other stuff). The folks on this forum want to keep it around for a while as it's extremely useful and the community is very helpful. Talk about illegal stuff could force it to shut down and we'd all lose out.

So my advice would be to keep ripping talk to a very general and basic level and leave the specifics for another forum.

ft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.