Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxpayne.co.uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
London, UK
I just installed an Airport Extreme card in my eMac 1.25Ghz.

Its not picking up my wireless network at all. There is a wireless signal in the room, but the AirPort software refuses to recognise it. My Windows machine works on it.

OS X Tiger all updates.
BT Voyager 2000 Router (802.11b)
eMac 1.25Ghz/1GB

Any ideas?

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
maxpayne.co.uk said:
The card is properly seated as the Mac detects that its there. There is no aerial attached as this thing is inside my eMac.
It does have an aerial. It's a wire that's plugged into the top of the Airport card. Check the installation manuals here . If that wires not plugged in it won't work.

maxpayne.co.uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
London, UK
caveman_uk said:
It does have an aerial. It's a wire that's plugged into the top of the Airport card. Check the installation manuals here . If that wires not plugged in it won't work.
Does the aerial come in the Airport Extreme box? If not, the bugger on eBay ripped me off!

Are you certain that the aerial stops the Airport card from getting any signal at all?

maxpayne.co.uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
London, UK
caveman_uk said:
The aerial is inside your emac. It's just a wire - it must be attached.
Ah! Yeah! Now you mention it - I remember seeing a wire hanging loose when I replaced the hard drive. Thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.