Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kareemhisham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
am buying a new laptop .. i like the macbook very much ..

but i need someone to tell me why should i buy it and not buy a dell for example which has the same specs and cheaper price !!

So i need someone to help me with this and tell me .. " Why should i buy a macbook " ??

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Search will have told you, that MacBooks come with an OS called Mac OS X.

That's the main reason to buy a Mac, as the underlying hardware is the same in other machines coming with WIndows or even a Linux derivate.

Also the build quality is often better with Macs, there is put more thought into designing them.

In the end it comes down to you, as you can (and not should) buy a computer running Windows, or a computer running Mac OS X.

Also, just because a Dell is cheaper, doesn't mean they have equivalent (which is not the same as "same") specs.

MRoogle will give you plenty of threads on why or why not, but I guess this thread will fill up nonetheless.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
The other reason to buy a Mac, regardless of type, is that it is utilizing the latest hardware. The cheaper computers from other companies usually use older hardware, that is why they are cheaper. Apple typically only uses hardware from the last 6 months, whereas a $499 computer from Dell is using hardware that is 12 to 18 months ago.

TEG

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
but i need someone to tell me why should i buy it and not buy a dell for example which has the same specs and cheaper price !!

So i need someone to help me with this and tell me .. " Why should i buy a macbook " ??

Well, show us a Dell that you're looking with a much cheaper price, and we can tell you why it is cheaper.

OS X, and having Apple branded software included for photo/music/video/dvd editing/authoring out of the box is a huge win for the MacBook.

With a windows machine, you're going to get a bunch of garbage apps that could possibly do the same things that the Mac will, but it's just much more of a hassle.

patrixl

Suspended
Jun 19, 2009
Macs are more than a bunch of "specs" thrown together.

As an example, my dad just this week, with his new Mac Mini that I gave him for xmas, burned an audio CD for the first time in his life thanks to iTunes and the Mac. He has actually set his system preferences all on his own, rather than being afraid of a Control Panel that he never wanted to try tinkering with before.

He plugged in his digital camera, without installing any software, and iPhoto popped up to import his pictures and he could start playing around with his pictures. Trouble-free.

With my Macbook, I get home after a day of tinkering with servers at work, and I can relax, do things without fussing around with the system, without fussing around with issues, and trying to force my computer to do what I need it to do.

That's the kind of things a Mac gets you, which can't be expressed through specs and numbers.

So yes, you can get equivalent specs for a lower price, but can you get these things that I just described? "User experience" can't be expressed through specs.

Patrix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.