Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
testtry said:
I have a wireless mighty mouse. please help

Most likely the scroll ball is just dirty. Search Apple's Support site for "Cleaning Mighty Mouse" and you'll be set.

Alternatively you can turn the mouse over and vigorously roll the ball across the top of a desk or table. A minute or so of that will usually clean it right up too.

testtry

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
mox358 said:
Most likely the scroll ball is just dirty. Search Apple's Support site for "Cleaning Mighty Mouse" and you'll be set.

Alternatively you can turn the mouse over and vigorously roll the ball across the top of a desk or table. A minute or so of that will usually clean it right up too.

I just got the mouse a couple of weeks ago, so it probably not because it is dirty. I cannot zoom either by using ^control with the scrool ball. It is wierd

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
testtry said:
I just got the mouse a couple of weeks ago, so it probably not because it is dirty. I cannot zoom either by using ^control with the scrool ball. It is wierd

The ball getting dirty is the most common cause of MM-related scrolling problems. I would try it before you go denouncing that as the source of the problem. If thats not it then we can try to help you from there... but cleaning the ball is always the first step.

testtry

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
mox358 said:
The ball getting dirty is the most common cause of MM-related scrolling problems. I would try it before you go denouncing that as the source of the problem. If thats not it then we can try to help you from there... but cleaning the ball is always the first step.

I just tried to squeez the ball a little bit, obviously it works. thank you! but how come the zooming function is not working?

travisimac

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2008
travisimac

My iMac is only a week old, and the mouse already quit scrolling. I just inverted it and rubbed it vigorously as the man instructed.....it worked instantly.

thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.