Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
anyone else have this? i've deleted and reinstalled. fuuuuuu hate using the mobile site

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
my Facebook app is taking up 95.5MB on my 4s. Sometimes it is slow as heck and other times it is fast. I don't know if it would help to delete and reinstall or not.

I haven't noticed it taking up extra battery or usage because i've always have had it...

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
anyone else have this? i've deleted and reinstalled. fuuuuuu hate using the mobile site

check to see if its constantly monitoring location. If you go into location services, you can see which apps will use your location, and if the icon next to them is purple, they currently are using it. I know foursquare will constantly use your location if you have a certain setting on...perhaps Facebook does as well

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
i turned off location, notifications, and i tried several other things closed it then reopened the app and for a while it'll be okay but eventually it starts running all the time and drains my battery and continuously increases my 'usage' time even when its not open or phone is locked

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I removed the Facebook app cause it recently seemed to be draining battery and refreshing really slow. Scrolling through the app was sluggish so I just deleted it. Now I just use the mobile version through Safari.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
I removed the Facebook app cause it recently seemed to be draining battery and refreshing really slow. Scrolling through the app was sluggish so I just deleted it. Now I just use the mobile version through Safari.

i don't mind it on safari, but i can't upload mobile photos =/

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
If your settings are correct (location etc off for it), try deleting the app and reinstalling, I had to do that a few times once in awhile on the iPhones as the app would start acting buggy or slow or doing weird stuff like no uploading photo's after they were "uploaded". I reinstalled it once on the GSII too after an update.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I posted a particularly popular comment on FB and got I inundated with push notifications for each comment. I tired turning off FB notifications in Settings, but they kept coming. I restarted my iPhone and iPad, and they still kept coming. Finally, in the app itself, there is a settings heading for notifications too. I stopped push notices here and they finally stopped. I would have throught the iOS Settings control would have been sufficient, but it wasn't.

I'm mentioning this because, this push setting must take as much, or more, resources as an email push notice. You might want to turn these off and see if that helps.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
I posted a particularly popular comment on FB and got I inundated with push notifications for each comment. I tired turning off FB notifications in Settings, but they kept coming. I restarted my iPhone and iPad, and they still kept coming. Finally, in the app itself, there is a settings heading for notifications too. I stopped push notices here and they finally stopped. I would have throught the iOS Settings control would have been sufficient, but it wasn't.

I'm mentioning this because, this push setting must take as much, or more, resources as an email push notice. You might want to turn these off and see if that helps.

i think something is glitchy tho because it'll constantly run up my usage to where my usage matches my standby

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.