Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EllieV

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
On the macrumors article today, there was a mockup of the next nano, which gave it wifi and safari. That make sense. Apple needs to step up it's iPod line, there are tons of mp3 players that perform the same functions for cheaper. Apple now will put all of it's apple branded home apps (safari videos photos mail etc, but not app store) into the new nano. So that makes the current touch just an expensive iPod nano with apps. So apple brings the touch to the next level with dual cameras and retina display.

Makes sense?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
There is no such thing as an Apple update that doesn't disappoint.

At least here on MacRumors...

I guarantee you there will be complaining on Wednesday... :)

... but personally, if all of that gets added, *I'll* be happy!

EllieV

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010

I gaurantee that I will not. Read every single post of mine, I will not! You cannot gaurantee what someone else will do. You will be wrong. You forum junkies must be pretty spoiled/unrealistic if you get dissaponted at this next update.

To Lewis: look at the mockup, and Iean it all makes sense. They have to actually refresh the nano, give it something new, technology is evolving and so is competition

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
To Lewis: look at the mockup, and Iean it all makes sense. They have to actually refresh the nano, give it something new, technology is evolving and so is competition

I mean... the screen is at most 200 * 200. it's way too small to be able to read something, let alone clicking on a link. Or, you would have to zoom in.

But hey, how do you make gestures on such a tiny screen?

And what about the processor? With the size of the battery, you can't put an A4 without having a battery life smaller than half an hour (at most).

You're being totally unrealistic. I guess, you're the one who will be disappointed with the update.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

Could not have said it better. Check the announcement thread after the new Touch is announced and I bet it will be overwhelmingly negative. Some threads will also advise people not to buy since they heard that Apple was going to come out with another upgrade to add in the xx feature that the Touch is missing.

Most people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment.

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
I just had a bad thought, since this thread is about disappointment. What if the entry level iPod Touch($199) is axed in favor of the new Nano with most of the same features but slower processor and smaller screen. Then the entry level Touch(4th Gen) will be around $300. In other words, what if the Touch only comes in the 4th Gen with 32 & 64 GB, with no 3rd Gen(cheapo) in the lineup. Heartbreaking! :(

I was hoping for the 3rd Gen version with a cam for $200.

It will all be over soon. :D

Ds92

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2010
I just had a bad thought, since this thread is about disappointment. What if the entry level iPod Touch($199) is axed in favor of the new Nano with most of the same features but slower processor and smaller screen. Then the entry level Touch(4th Gen) will be around $300. In other words, what if the Touch only comes in the 4th Gen with 32 & 64 GB, with no 3rd Gen(cheapo) in the lineup. Heartbreaking! :(

I was hoping for the 3rd Gen version with a cam for $200.

It will all be over soon. :D

Hate to break it to you buddy, but i'm 99% sure, heck 100% sure that there won't be a 3rd gen with cam. The baseline will probably 3rd gen 8/16 gb model

SlovakApple

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
In the heart of Europe
It's true that somebody will be always disappointed. But not me as I am skipping this time. :D I agree with those who say that the base model will be a 3rd gen. I think with 16GB. 8GB is not much nowadays.

pimpp

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Safari on a nano? Would you browse the web on your watch?

Forget about it :rolleyes:

who ever said tat the little ipod was gonna be a nano im pretty sure tat is gonna be a ipod shuffle because they already put a camera on the ipod nano and why will they take tat off and make it way smaller but on the ipod shuffle they needed a screen on it and it wont have safari tat was just a fake picture and they also havent released and ipod shuffle since march 2009:apple:

Methalius

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
CT
I won't be disappointed. This will be my first iPod Touch. As long as it does what it does I'll be a happy person. I just figured after I came to the conclusion that I wanted one that I might as well wait until September since that is when the next gen's have been released in the past.

Whatever it has, I am 100% positive that I will love it!:apple:

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
I won't be disappointed. This will be my first iPod Touch. As long as it does what it does I'll be a happy person. I just figured after I came to the conclusion that I wanted one that I might as well wait until September since that is when the next gen's have been released in the past.

Whatever it has, I am 100% positive that I will love it!:apple:

Same here, first iPod Touch and want to get rid of my cranky iPod Classic 32GB! As so as i wanted one, i checked to see when new iPod Touch's were released/updated and decided to wait... and hey, i could of waited for something more than just an mp3 player and a gaming machine!

(Hopefully a Portable Camera :eek: )

macabouttobe

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
Michigan
It will be our first iPod touch too and won't be disappointed. It's going to my 10 year old son who saved all of his money to get one back in June. It was a difficult concept of delayed gratification as I walked him through the buyers guide, all the rumors, and ultimately taking him to an apple store to play with an iPhone.. He reluctantly agreed to hold off a few months and remained humble playing his nintendo while quite a few kids had iPod touches at our summer hockey tourny's.
I figure if it has a speed bump, retinal screen, and facetime, we'll be golden. I'm as excited as him, and can't wait to upgrade my wife's 3G iPhone soon after.. I appreciated the fact that he was able to rationalize the money involved and participating in the research with me.

Methalius

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2010
CT
It was a difficult concept of delayed gratification as I walked him through the buyers guide, all the rumors, and ultimately taking him to an apple store to play with an iPhone..

I think that was a great example that you helped him set . In today's world with virtually everything a click of a mouse away I think it is a great thing to delay gratification. I used to never do that. I want what I want and I want it now. As I've become an adult (groan!) I've learned how important it is to wait and take your time. I too came to the conclusion that I wanted a Touch in back in June and I took my time and did some research. I figured instead of rushing out to get the 3rd Gen, why not roll the dice and wait and get a 4th Gen in a little over 2 months.

Whatever Apple releases I will be estatic with!

pimpp

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
i had a choice of gettin the ipod touch 3rd generation or the ipod nano 5th generation i got the ipod nano bcz i knew tat the ipod touch was gonna be burned out and it didnt have a camera so i decicded to get the product red color for my ipod nano bcz its not tat burned out and ive been told my ipod is fake b4 bcz of the color i guess some people just dont know about a ***** apple store but yea i been waitin for this ipod for the longest:apple:

Blackened

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
who ever said tat the little ipod was gonna be a nano im pretty sure tat is gonna be a ipod shuffle because they already put a camera on the ipod nano and why will they take tat off and make it way smaller but on the ipod shuffle they needed a screen on it and it wont have safari tat was just a fake picture and they also havent released and ipod shuffle since march 2009:apple:

that

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
Now I'm confused. I really wanted to buy my younger eleven year old brother the new model that was going to be announced tomorrow, but does anyone think they'll still offer the smaller 8GB model? I know they offer 8GB models for the 3rd generation, but wasn't that introduced later on? I'd settle for getting him the 16GB model if they didn't, but I'd strongly prefer just a simple 8GB model for the Apps and few hundred songs he has. Anyone know the past prices for their line up?Thanks you guys.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
It will be our first iPod touch too and won't be disappointed. It's going to my 10 year old son who saved all of his money to get one back in June. It was a difficult concept of delayed gratification as I walked him through the buyers guide, all the rumors, and ultimately taking him to an apple store to play with an iPhone.. He reluctantly agreed to hold off a few months and remained humble playing his nintendo while quite a few kids had iPod touches at our summer hockey tourny's.
I figure if it has a speed bump, retinal screen, and facetime, we'll be golden. I'm as excited as him, and can't wait to upgrade my wife's 3G iPhone soon after.. I appreciated the fact that he was able to rationalize the money involved and participating in the research with me.

Your son did a really awesome thing, delayed gratification is really important and so is getting the most for your money. I hope he is rewarded with a much better iPod touch than all his friends have. So many kids want it right now that they waste their money on a product that is not worth buying at the time because a new one is right around the corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.