Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Yesterday I was getting gas and the gas pump soundly rejected my Apple Card, even though the sticker on the pump claims it takes MasterCard.

I was in a hurry and noticed I had a $28.98 balance in my Apple Cash, so I tried that, and it worked. Also, the pump dispensed exactly $28.98 worth of gas so it was able to figure out what my balance was and everything.

What I'm wondering though is why Apple Card would be rejected but Apple Cash would work fine. Has anyone else seen this? Other gas stations take my Apple Card just fine, so it's just an issue with this station. I wish I hadn't been in a hurry or I would have told the attendant (though it's unlikely they have any control over it.)

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Yesterday I was getting gas and the gas pump soundly rejected my Apple Card, even though the sticker on the pump claims it takes MasterCard.

I was in a hurry and noticed I had a $28.98 balance in my Apple Cash, so I tried that, and it worked. Also, the pump dispensed exactly $28.98 worth of gas so it was able to figure out what my balance was and everything.

What I'm wondering though is why Apple Card would be rejected but Apple Cash would work fine. Has anyone else seen this? Other gas stations take my Apple Card just fine, so it's just an issue with this station. I wish I hadn't been in a hurry or I would have told the attendant (though it's unlikely they have any control over it.)

Apple Cash doesn't use MasterCard - it's a Visa Debit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.