Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weeag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Hey all,

There's a nifty Yahoo Widget that shows where the northern lights are showing (called 'Aurora') that I would love to see in a Mac Widget. I don't have a clue how to make it or transfer it OS X. Is this possible (for this or any yahoo widget)? Or can i request this widget somewhere?

Thanks!

Brian

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
A widget that just displayed this image would be pretty simple. I don't know what extra features the Yahoo widget offers?

weeag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
that's really all the yahoo widget does. It also gives the option for the southern hemisphere and auto-updates with the original image updates. But if it's easy to implement, I'm willing to give it a shot, I just don't know where to start.

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
DashCode is the place to start. You can get a beta download for Tiger from Apple but the full release will be Leopard only. It's the best widget development tool I've come across so far.

If you know JavaScript at all it'd be pretty easy to implement, if not I could be tempted to give it a go.

weeag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll give Dashcode a shot. If I can't get it working I may be back.

Is there a forum around for Dashcode help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.