1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Widget Drawer

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Vader, Oct 14, 2005.

1. macrumors 65816

Vader

I am trying to make a sig for someone, and they want to look like a widget bar, so I know I have seen this here before, but I couldn't find it in the search.
    Anyway, does anyone know what the file name for the dashboard widget drawer is, or know where I could find a copy of it?

2. macrumors 65816

Vader

Well since no one responded tonight, I just took a snap of a big empty section of my widget drawer. (the last page of my widgets only had 2)

3. macrumors 65816

Vader

Here is the sig I made for that guy. But when finished it, someone had beat me to making it by 5 minutes, and he decided the one with shadows looked better.
    I then proceeded to steal his idea and make one for myself.
    First one is his, second is mine.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 68030

Oooh, I like it! :D

5. macrumors 65816

Vader

Thanks!

6. macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

Looks great for future reference this is the file you were looking for even though screen shooting it was probably the best way.

/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/perf.png

7. macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Wow those are really cool. I'm impressed with the cleanness of the image on the background. If I made on e of those, the products wouldn't look so crisp on the background.

As a side note, wouldn't it be cool if the elite members of the site got to have pictures in their signatures. I think that would be cool. Like 3,000 posts and up or something.

8. macrumors 65816

Vader

If you wanted I could make you one, but you couldn't, of course, use it here.

9. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Thank god. :eek:

Nothing against your dock drawer signatures, I love them, but graphical signature are SO annoying on forums. They make the page take an hour to load on cable. UGH!

10. macrumors 65816

Vader

Yeah, I hear you!
    On my PSP all image sigs make pages take forever to load!

11. macrumors 65816

Vader

Okay made one for macbaseball:

Attached Files:

12. macrumors regular

why are we making these again?

13. macrumors 65816

Vader

"We" are not making these.

I am making these.

I started this thread to ask for help finding a graphic, I got no response, so I figured it out in my own way.

Then I completed the graphic, and another one, and posted them to see if anyone liked them/could give suggestions on them. Then Macbaseball thought they were cool, so I made him one.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but your comment sounded very rude to me.

Edit: Sorry about this one. :rolleyes:

14. macrumors regular

i am sorry i did not wish to sound rude, i was very interested, but wondered what they would be used for:eek:

15. macrumors 65816

Vader

Oh, sorry for "going off" on you then.

These can be used as signatures under all your posts, but signatures are disabled here, and I understand why, but they are good to use on other forums that do allow signatures.
    Also, I think you could use them for email signatures.