Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

First Post G

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
NYC
Hi - This is an issue that has occurred since I got my new 2016 MB Pro...not a huge issue but annoying. Whenever I have had the lid closed and reopen, despite the fact that my status bar shows have WIFI connection, I open Safari and get the message that there is no internet connection. Every time, I need to turn off WIFI and turn it back on again to get on, UNLESS I wait 30 seconds after opening the lid before trying to open safari or another browser, and the connection is fine. Again, if I open safari within 30 seconds of opening the lid, I cannot get a connection. Closing Safari and waiting a minute does nothing - I MUST turn WIFI off and back on again. I believe this happened on my old 2011 MB Pro. Any ideas of how to fix this? Or is this just a quirk I need to live with?

webberade

macrumors member
May 6, 2013
New York, NY
Same here with my 13" tMBP... the issue is pretty sporadic though so I assume it's a macOS Sierra glitch. Hoping the upcoming software update fixes this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.