Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

green-tea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
Indonesia
so i live in a rented room near my campus. The wifi here needs the user to enter their account to use the wifi. Similar to hotel's wifi or mall's wifi. The problem is, i can't open the login page. I tried accessing the router's address but it won't work. I can connect using my android phone and my windows pc. My ipad is ipad pro 10.5. iOS 10.3.3. Anyone experience this too? Any suggestion? Thanks.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
iOS devices have shown incompatibility with certain type of older routers. Ideally the login page should be configured in a way that the minute a device connects to the access point the page should load automatically.

Reactions: green-tea

green-tea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
Indonesia
iOS devices have shown incompatibility with certain type of older routers. Ideally the login page should be configured in a way that the minute a device connects to the access point the page should load automatically.
Oh i see. I tried a mall's wifi and government wifi recently and the login page showed up. I guess my ipad is incompatible with the building's router. Thank you for the answer.

If some of you have another opinion, please help me hahaha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.