Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Is the wireless better on the mbp 15"? My powerbook always had really bad wireless reception. In some rooms at the university I can't get any reception, but my friends could fine. My pb is a couple years old, so I'm considering getting a mbp over the summer. Is the wifi better? Thanks.

deadpixels

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
apple says it's better, i had a alubook 1.25 and now have a mbpro 2.16 and i guess the reception is better but i can't tell you really how much, i'm always inside and close to the router. if you really worry about reception then you should go for a macbook cauz its much better the the pro's.

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
My MBP gets significantly better wifi reception than my 12" powerbook. I have an airport extreme (not the new one with N) and although my room is sort of next to the living room where the airport is, the walls are thick and if I close my door, I only get like 1 bar or so and the internet is flickery and slow at best - good for checking email but not watching a stream of CSI.

My MBP gets 3 bars and I watched CSI streamed from cbs.com last night no problem with the door shut and I get about 3 bars.

Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.