Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
anyone else experiencing this? updated to public beta 2 today (my first run of sierra), and am running the 10.10 beta on my iphone...

when i open itunes, my phone shows up grey; 20-30 seconds later, that icon disappears.

usb sync works. was on the phone with apple for 40 minutes, we could not get wifi sync working.
so... wondering if anyone else is experiencing this...

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I had this too!

But is it a first time login / security thing from each new login to each app - I am guessing - because it seems to go away after several logins

Well from what I am experiencing so far . . .

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I had this too!

But is it a first time login / security thing from each new login to each app - I am guessing - because it seems to go away after several logins

Well from what I am experiencing so far . . .

i'll watch for that; here, seems more erratic. but thanks for posting (so at least i know i'm not the only one)...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
now on PB3, but my iphone still is not syncing over wifi (itunes sees it, but it's greyed out, then that icon vanishes after about 30 seconds).

am thinking about doing a full restore of my phone. any thoughts? i know i'd lose all my settings...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
...and for the moment, working again. aargh! (anyway, will stop reporting this, unless i find a permanent fix)...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i spent 3 1/2 hours (!) completely restoring my iphone (not fun, either). and... no fix. this seems to suggest the problem is with the sierra beta, since all of this worked before i installed that (i was already running ios 10 beta, without issue, in el cap).

any suggestions?

eyv

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2015
i spent 3 1/2 hours (!) completely restoring my iphone (not fun, either). and... no fix. this seems to suggest the problem is with the sierra beta, since all of this worked before i installed that (i was already running ios 10 beta, without issue, in el cap).

any suggestions?

No suggestions, unfortunately, but I'm seeing this running El Capitan (10.11.6) and iOS 10 public beta 3. It's been driving me crazy. Started the day I upgraded to iOS 10. So, pretty sure it's not Sierra's fault.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
odd, right? and frustrating. was on the phone with apple support, but no real help.. yet. they're gonna get back to me. anyone else experiencing this?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
now on PB3, but my iphone still is not syncing over wifi (itunes sees it, but it's greyed out, then that icon vanishes after about 30 seconds).am thinking about doing a full restore of my phone. any thoughts? i know i'd lose all my settings...

Was there any reason not to just use a wired connection and sync with iTunes?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Was there any reason not to just use a wired connection and sync with iTunes?

because it's 2016 and i should be able to continue to sync wirelessly, as i've been doing for some time? also, have a lot plugged into my mac (including a hub), and not crazy about having to unplug/replug every time i want to sync.

but really, the first reason is enough of a reason.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
WORKING! somehow, i lost the "ios beta software profile'... i downloaded & installed that, updated to PB5... and am syncing again. :cool:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
sigh. 2 days in using beta 6, and my phone no longer shows up over wifi. rebooted my mac, and my phone, and...nothing. and this time, the beta profile is still there on my phone. weird that this happened a few days AFTER installing the new beta. and changed nothing else. life with betas, i guess...

EDIT: got it back, lol. had to disable wifi sync, close itunes, then...it worked. for now...​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.