Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We rate a mention here though. If you're upset we don't have our own article, go ahead and write one!

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
WildCowboy said:
We rate a mention here though. If you're upset we don't have our own article, go ahead and write one!
I was actually referring to something a little further down the page, but if people have stuff to submit, I think I shall :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
greatdevourer said:
...but if people have stuff to submit, I think I shall :D

Forget the Mac stuff, that's everywhere. Start with pre-PPP and move swiftly through all the really important events wrapping up with the disappearance of Lacero.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Oh, I see. Yes, the GNAA is a troll group...read the article. Here is the thread mentioned where they leaked Tiger screenshots to MR.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
WildCowboy said:
What on earth did you write that got labeled as "patent nonsense" and thus deleted?

I was starting to write a history of the events happening in the forums and of course the one that I remember best was the PPP so I wrote a paragraph about that with the intent of adding more history about other stuff when I had more time but I guess its not up to Wikipedia's standards...

Jaffa Cake said:
Blimey... does that mean we're all figments of vniow's fevered imagination?

Either that or you're all patent nonsense. :D

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
vniow said:
I was starting to write a history of the events happening in the forums and of course the one that I remember best was the PPP so I wrote a paragraph about that with the intent of adding more history about other stuff when I had more time but I guess its not up to Wikipedia's standards...

Um...yeah. I'd stick to more mainstream topics. A general discussion of MacRumors' news features and online community would be sufficient.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
REDVERS's gave contact information. You could follow-up and ask how to go about what you had in mind.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
vniow said:
****, I create an article about the history of the forums and I mention the PPP and it gets deleted. :(

I was only joking... :eek:

Although I don't see why Wikipedia readers wouldn't want to know who edesignuk really is and also marvel over Doctor Q's trip to Japan.

Besides, they're getting a bit touchy over there since the recent brouhahas over accuracy and political tinkering.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The big question is what, if anything, about our forums matters to the rest of the world?

The news site is what's generally of interest to the rest of the world, and that's already covered briefly on the Mac rumors community Wikipedia page.

But we could consider making a page in our own Guides section that would be an overview of the forums and community, with a bit of history about special events, games, jokes, etc.

We wouldn't want it to focus on particular members without their permission. Instead, individual members should be encouraged to write themselves a profile page in the User list section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.