Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Gone work?

Apple Music will work on the Apple Watch. All the details (few that there are) are on the Apple website.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
From the Apple Website:

Does Apple Music work with Apple Watch?

With a membership to Apple Music, you can sync music to your Apple Watch and play it back — even when your paired iPhone is not nearby.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Reading the iOS 9 forum on macrumors I thought the same thing. Since there will be a new icon for Apple Music on iOS (with the 8.4 update), What about Apple Watch? I saw a picture of the AW with the new music icon on the apple website, so wouldn't there be an update to watchOS?

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
On the Apple website at the bottom of the music information (just below that bit I posted above) it mentions updating the Apple Watch from your iPhone. So I'm guessing there's going to be a small update come release day.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Reading the iOS 9 forum on macrumors I thought the same thing. Since there will be a new icon for Apple Music on iOS (with the 8.4 update), What about Apple Watch? I saw a picture of the AW with the new music icon on the apple website, so wouldn't there be an update to watchOS?

Maybe Apple Watch will get software update tomorrow too?

Edit: Beaten

Reactions: !!!

CellXor10

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Connecticut, USA
^^ Hadn't thought about that, but it does seem then that we will be getting a (minor, from the sounds of it) Watch OS update sometime tomorrow, or in the very near future, as well.

I wonder what other potential updates/bug fixes may be included as well!

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
^^ Hadn't thought about that, but it does seem then that we will be getting a (minor, from the sounds of it) Watch OS update sometime tomorrow, or in the very near future, as well.

I wonder what other potential updates/bug fixes may be included as well!

Well I'm having issues syncing music in general, so I hope an update for Apple Music will at least fix that lol.

richbarbal

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Have you seen this. Its a new option.???¿¿¿¿¿

Attachments

• IMG_5260.JPG
    IMG_5260.JPG
    793.1 KB · Views: 161
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.