Will Apple replace my iPhone for a non working sleep/wake?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adcx64, Nov 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

adcx64

Hey guys, my sleep button on my iPhone 5 stopped working, unless pressed extremely hard. Wil I need to fight with the "geniuses" for a new one?

2. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I doubt it. They'll either repair it or replace it. A girlfriend of mine had the earphone jack messing up and they gave her a whole new phone without hassel.

3. macrumors 68020

doubtful. seems pretty clear cut to me so long as there's nothing obviously showing that you've dropped or otherwise damaged the phone yourself.

4. macrumors G5

gnasher729

1. With that kind of question you should always mention your country. 2. Any iPhone 5 around is almost new, so there shouldn't be any problem at all getting your problem fixed. 3. Since your iPhone 5 is almost new, they'll either fix it, or you will likely get an iPhone that is as good as new (refurbished).

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

adcx64

I'm in America. But I'll set up an appointment later this week and have at it. Thanks!

6. rw3
    macrumors 6502a

rw3

Instant replacement....we don't fight with you.

7. macrumors 68040

eastercat

As long as it's reproducible, you should get a refurb.

8. rw3
    macrumors 6502a

rw3

It will be a brand new phone. It will not be a refurb.....takes at least 3 months for those to hit the service inventory.

9. macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

WOW, ok thought I was alone on this (that is a ridiculous statement, there are only so many bugs a device can have so it's pretty common that we have the same bug) but I went in to the apple store sunday and they said they would replace it for me if I set up a genius appointment and came in later in the week.

Going there in 3 hours, hopefully it's not a refurb, I can't imagine them having a large supply of refurbished ones anyway, as far as the 4G sim transfer goes, do I have to get a new sim for the new device or will the current one in my iP5 work with the new device? (On Verizon)

10. macrumors member

They already have refurbs out, I received a refurb for one of my replacement Iphone 5s. (of course there was another defect with that, and I got a brand new one afterwards)