Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Hey guys, my sleep button on my iPhone 5 stopped working, unless pressed extremely hard. Wil I need to fight with the "geniuses" for a new one?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hey guys, my sleep button on my iPhone 5 stopped working, unless pressed extremely hard. Wil I need to fight with the "geniuses" for a new one?

I doubt it. They'll either repair it or replace it. A girlfriend of mine had the earphone jack messing up and they gave her a whole new phone without hassel.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011

doubtful. seems pretty clear cut to me so long as there's nothing obviously showing that you've dropped or otherwise damaged the phone yourself.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

1. With that kind of question you should always mention your country. 2. Any iPhone 5 around is almost new, so there shouldn't be any problem at all getting your problem fixed. 3. Since your iPhone 5 is almost new, they'll either fix it, or you will likely get an iPhone that is as good as new (refurbished).

Dylatron2000

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2011
Durham, NC
WOW, ok thought I was alone on this (that is a ridiculous statement, there are only so many bugs a device can have so it's pretty common that we have the same bug) but I went in to the apple store sunday and they said they would replace it for me if I set up a genius appointment and came in later in the week.

Going there in 3 hours, hopefully it's not a refurb, I can't imagine them having a large supply of refurbished ones anyway, as far as the 4G sim transfer goes, do I have to get a new sim for the new device or will the current one in my iP5 work with the new device? (On Verizon)

dominion155

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
It will be a brand new phone. It will not be a refurb.....takes at least 3 months for those to hit the service inventory.

They already have refurbs out, I received a refurb for one of my replacement Iphone 5s. (of course there was another defect with that, and I got a brand new one afterwards)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.