Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiguelSantos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Sorry I should of mentioned this is an EDGE/GPRS card which i believe is made by swisscom.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
DarkNetworks said:
i doubt...i don't know where're u gonna plug in that....plus it's a PCmcia card...

PCMCIA is just a standard ;) it will work if its supported by apple, but when it's NOT noted on the box there is a very low chance THAT the card will work on your apple... apple is picky on hardware... that's the anti-mac argument my pc firends keep on telling me... but I don't care :D

:edit: you'll need a PB 15" or 17" to HAVE a pcmcia slot in there :edit:

maybe the easier option is: getting a EDGE/GPRS mobile with BlueTooth... buy a BT dongle if your mac hasn't BT built-in... and use it like that... because well I suppose it's possible to use it that way ;) but not really sure right now... do some more searching and I'll guess you'll find a slution that'll work (maybe not as ideal as such acard... but hey... BT isn't that bad as alternative :p ok you need a new mobile I guess etc... but imagine buying the card... and find out you'll have to bring it back to the shop or eBay it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.