Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaryNoine

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2015
Atlanta
I got the Mini 2 a few months ago, however if/when the Mini 4 is announced I'm not totally against upgrading. Not that the 2 is bad, but a chip upgrade is always a plus.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Yup. I can't stand my Air 1. Need more RAM and storage so will upgrade to Air 2 or better, possibly Pro.

Reactions: Cape Dave

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'll keep hold of my air 2 and mini 3. I may get the pro. It depends on what features it has and if it will fit into my current set up without making my air 2/ MBA redundant.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Hoping they do give us an iPad Air 3. Currently have an Air and looking to upgrade. Planning on getting the 2 if nothing new is released.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
For a little while I was considering upgrading to the iPad Air 2. I have an iPad Air now and I actually do notice and mind the 1gb of ram.

But I just don't use the iPad as intensely as I used to (not a student anymore). I'll probably wait until Apple comes out with a 9.7inch iPad (anything larger is too big for me) that has true wacom-like stylus support. If that never happens...well I'll be keeping the Air 1 for a while then.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
No. I just got my Air 2 few months ago. This thing rocks. I see no reason to update especially since all the fancy features of iOS 9 will work.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
No. My Air 2 will be good for my needs for a while. There will be no Air 3 in the fall. Look for the 12.9" iPad. iPad Pro most likely , but perhaps iPad +.

IMO, it will run an X86 chip, and be direct competition for the Surface 3/4. It will run OS X. IMO, an X86 OS X based 12.9" Tablet would sell very well in the Enterprise. :apple:

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Since there has been no real indication an Air 3 is coming, I am debating on whether or not to jump on the best Air 2 deal NOW, just in case... and maybe keeping it in it's packaging until after the announcements.

jweinraub

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Sol III
Anybody decided they want the ipad pro or the mini 4?or are you happy with what you have for at least another year? Those tempted to get the mini to take on the go?

I got the iPad Mini 2 retina with 32 GB. Originally I was going with the 16 but was convinced by others to get at least 32. Since I originally was going to only store textbooks on it and use it for light reading I didn't expect to use it more than that. Just as I did with my iPhone. Now, I regret getting such a small size, though at the time I couldn't justify the cost of the 64. Now with my 128 iPhone 6, and with being on the go more often, I really do regret the smaller sized iPad as I now erase a LOT just to store a few movies for the aeroplane.

So depending on the cost I will definitely consider getting the newest iPad mini. And plus, I really miss TouchID on the iPad more than I had thought!

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I'm either getting a new Surface 3 or the iPad Mini 4 64gb if/when it is released. Depends on whether or not this iPad Mini is going to be an actual upgrade or not. The Mini 3 was sort of a joke. Still leaning more towards the Surface as I want a device for more productivity. We will see.

Last edited:

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
It's time for an iPad upgrade for me (was thinking about an Air 2 refurb) but I'll have to see what they release. The Pro would be great but I might have to squash some other budgets pretty hard if I went for it. And I refuse to repurpose my slowly growing shiny blue iPod touch fund!

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'm either getting a new Surface 3 or the iPad Mini 4 64gb if/when it is released. Depends on whether or not this iPad Mini is going to be an actual upgrade or not. The Mini 3 was sort of a joke. Still leaning more towards the Surface as I want a device for more productivity. We will see.

I bought a Surface 3 a fw months back with 4gb and 128gb and I've been using it a lot more than my iPad Air of late, I think I'm all set

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
No, I've spent way too much money on apple stuff in the last 12 months! Besides, my Air 2 easily does everything I ask of it, and should be good for at least another year or 2.

My wife may be tempted to upgrade her Mini 2 to a Mini 4 if it is a decent upgrade, but it would have to be something pretty compelling.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I bought my last iPad when I selected iPad Air.

That one last me for years. It's a recreational content consumption device that doesn't have to have the latest bells and whistles. Even when Apple makes it obsolete it'll still do what I want.

I'm stepping off Apples buy, buy, buy train. :)

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I have a mini 2 now, I was about to get an Air 2 but decided not to. Then I decided on waiting for an Air 3 and for now I've decided not to do that either. I am in high school and would rather save up for a 13" Retina MacBook Pro for college rather than get an iPad that will be aging anyway in a couple years. I will likely look into Windows laptops as well but not until I'm seriously needing to get a computer because technology moves way too fast. With the MacBooks it is easier to pinpoint a model I want, and then watch as they just go through more generations/improvements and decide when to buy.

So pretty much my iPad isn't a necessity right now, and I don't see it being a necessity in the future, it's just a convenience. That's why I'm not going to set myself back $500 with something I don't totally need, I'll need that money for my $1500 or so computer that will definitely need to happen.

sartrekid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2014
Germany
Anybody decided they want the ipad pro or the mini 4?or are you happy with what you have for at least another year? Those tempted to get the mini to take on the go?

I just bought the iPad Air 2, so I'm not in the market for a new tablet in the next few years to come. The only exception would be if the iPad Pro offered something its smaller siblings don't. One feature that would be a selling point for me is if the device were more friendly towards people with handicaps, ranging from physical handicaps like neuropathy to visual impairment. Given that the iPad Pro (should it ever be released) is said to be significantly larger, the big display could be put to great use if Apple added extensive accessibility features to the device. The possibilities for people with pretty much any impairment are very poor on current iDevices. It would be such a huge aid for that particular group of users but I'm not holding my breath...

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
Waiting patiently. I'd like to think the iPad Pro will fill that space between my iPad Air 1 and 2008 MBP so I can be down to only one, do it all, home device.

yansun

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Just sold my old iPad. Not sure if I should buy an Air 2 right now or wait until Sep/Oct if there will be at least an Air 3 with A9 processor.

stubbornapple

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Washington, DCish
Nah. I had had it with my first gen mini this past March that I sold it and got an air 2. I love it and it accomplishes all that I need it to do. I can see myself using it for another three or so years.

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Nope. My first generation iPad Mini does everything I need it to do and doesn't give me hiccups. No need at the moment.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
Yes, probably. I have an Air 1. It is good, but I'm very interested in the rumored Pro version. Also, the Air 1 is new enough I could pass it on to my wife.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.