Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlasherDuff

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Gator Country
I didn't know where to post this, so I apologize.

I also looked it up in MRoogle, and couldn't find anything.

I have had this Mac for a year, and I am having trouble with it talking to my husband's Window's XP machine. He is currently running Norton Internet Security, along with Network Magic, and a Microsoft base station as the router. So far I have no third party firewalls I can speak of on my Mac, which is a 2007 Blackbook running Leopard 10.5.6.

So far I have scoured the Internet for how to guides, but none have helped me, since my computer is not on the network map on his Windows machine. The Mac only shows up on Network Magic.

He has configured Norton to recognize my machine as trusted, yet we can't share files over the network. Could there be anything I am missing? Mostly I have the Mac configured to use SMB settings, but still the Windows machine refuses to add my mac on the network map. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

SlasherDuff

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Gator Country
So far I have looked at these how to's, and they seem to address Tiger. I am running Leopard, and I don't see Directory Access, or Edit User as my working options. Is there any up to date guides for OS X Leopard 10.5.6?

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.