Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitsuthos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2023
Spain
Hi, i try install windows dirctly from usb and the boot screen and installer run well but i remove all partitions to install windows, when the installer reboot the imac i dont have any image only black screeen and i can't boot from the usb other time because de boot selector dont appear when i press the option key.
My imac have the amd firepro m5100 gpu. Any help?
Thank you.

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hi, i try install windows dirctly from usb and the boot screen and installer run well but i remove all partitions to install windows, when the installer reboot the imac i dont have any image only black screeen and i can't boot from the usb other time because de boot selector dont appear when i press the option key.
My imac have the amd firepro m5100 gpu. Any help?
Thank you.

Pressing the Option key when booting an iMac with no native boot screen support (your iMac) will not show anything.

Here is 1 solution for your GPU hacked iMac:

Take out the SSD,
Put it into another Windows compatible PC (not Mac).
Install Windows freshly on the SSD.
Install all updates and drivers, applications, too.
Now put the SSD back to your iMac.
Boot it up. Wait for the Windows OS to search an install all missing drivers.
Your iMac should be ready to use with Windows OS.
Open Device Manager in Setting to check for devices with no driver (which Windows couldn't find driver automatically)
Install drivers for them manually, by selecting the correct files from the BootCamp USB.

DO NOT install Bootcamp automatically on your Windows iMac !!!!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.