Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
everytime i boot into windows, the time is always changing.

i have resetted it a few times but it's going to change again everytime i get into windows from os x.

i have disabled windows time service in services.msc and unticked the syncronize thing in windows time setting.

any idea?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yeah I read there is a work around, basically ivolves changing 1 line in the windows registry.....

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
could u find out the workaround. i couldnt find any in google.

thanks.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ask and thy shall recieve

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=2378251#2378251

Solution according to josmul123

The short solution for people who know how to edit the registry:
A DWORD key called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal needs to have the value of "1"

The step-by-step solution is as follows:
1. Boot Windows

2. Click Start --> Run and type regedit. Click OK

3. The Windows Registry Editor should pop up. Navigate within the explorer to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

4. Click on the TimeZoneInformation "folder" from the navigation pane if you haven't already done so.

5. This assumes the correct key doesn't exist. If it does, you will just change the existing key's value: Right click on the white space within the folder (If you don't have a right mouse button, you may need to download a program called applemouse to emulate the "control-click" of the apple 1-button mouse). Select new --> DWORD Value. Title the key "RealTimeIsUniversal" (No quotes). Set the value to "1" (No quotes again). Hexidecimal should be fine.

6. Either reboot and set the clock in MacOS or set the clock in Windows. You should now be able to reboot into either OS and have a correct clock.

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
And then some

I have the same problem with both WinXP and OSX. The minutes and date are always correct, but the hour is always completely wrong. And there is no pattern to it. It's either way ahead or way behind in both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.