Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alw4416

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Kansas City
hello friends. i have a black mb with 2gb ram...lovin it so far. running bootcamp and windows xp home. one thing i have noticed is every time i boot back into windows the time is wrong. can anyone help me?
thanks

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
BootCamp is only a Beta. Its not perfect.

Use the search feature, as I think its a common problem.

(I could be wrong, but im 99.9% its very, very common)

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
This is a known problem with Boot Camp. Currently, there isn't anything you can do about it. So keep a clock handy. :)

alw4416

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Kansas City
Mackilroy said:
This is a known problem with Boot Camp. Currently, there isn't anything you can do about it. So keep a clock handy. :)

thanks. i did a search but guess i didnt use the right words..?? what an annoying non-working simple feature.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
alw4416 said:
what an annoying non-working simple feature.

It happens because Windows uses a non-standard way to get the time. A future release of Boot Camp may automatically adjust the clock when you boot into Windows, but at the moment the easiest solution is to set Windows to automatically synch with a time server.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
Nermal said:
but at the moment the easiest solution is to set Windows to automatically synch with a time server.

im not sure that works... mine was set to auto sync with a time server and it was still a few hours off everytime i booted into XP.

King Wali

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2005
In my Computer
I had this problem too, but I figured out how to fix it.

1.Go to the time panel in Windows

2.Set the time zone to your own.

3.Go to the third tab (internettime), and enter time.apple.com in the box. Push Enter. Happy clocking :]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.