Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmc1818

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
I just bought a macbook pro. now i need to know how to get all my music from my windows computer over to the new laptop when it arrives. Can i somehow transfer the music onto it from the ipod?

ieani

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2006
the states for now
bmc1818 said:
I just bought a macbook pro. now i need to know how to get all my music from my windows computer over to the new laptop when it arrives. Can i somehow transfer the music onto it from the ipod?

If your ipod is big enough sync your ipod to your library and then download a program(google for it) that will allow you to "sync" your ipod to your MBPro. Or you could do this: http://www.madeincr.com/2005/10/28/itunes-library-transfer/

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
probably the best way to do this is with an external harddrive. there are, however, programs to get music off of ipods. check the forums for ones that will do this for you.

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
By far the easiest way is to connect the two with an ethernet cable and just transfer the songs over.

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2006
if you're on a router you could just sign on to iChat/AIM, and send them through taht. would probably be the most painless way to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.