Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
Ah, the debate

All this misdirected energy on debate.

Macs are great at certain things - ease of use, great hardware, rapid time to market. I bought a PC for my parents and it was a mac - Never regretted the situation. I could go on.

Windows is great for many things as well - Developer Tools, the ability to take advantage of lots of different hardware (which is a cause of pain as well), great variety of games, hardware choice (I really like the tablet), developer platform (matter of opinion), cost advantage - I have a copy of 64 bit XP running on a dual core AMD processor, and it is smoking fast for the less than 1200 I spent on the whole unit (sans monitors)

I feel sorry for all of you too polarized in your point of view to see the other side.

movabi said:

Then you need to find out what YOU are doing wrong. Tiger is working fine for a whole lot of graphic/multimedia designers.

From the list of haxies you're running, I have to ask if you're a long-time OS9 holdout, because those are usually used to take features that were ingrained from OS9 use and put them into OSX instead of learning to use equally efficient equivalents.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
jayscheuerle said:
Then you need to find out what YOU are doing wrong. Tiger is working fine for a whole lot of graphic/multimedia designers.
If MS Windows crashes, it's because of Microsoft, but if OS X crashes, it's the user's fault? Hmm.

Tiger crashed a lot for me too, but I kind of expect this from any OS that I use - having endured multiple versions of Windows and OS 9.

PCMacUser said:
If MS Windows crashes, it's because of Microsoft, but if OS X crashes, it's the user's fault? Hmm.

Tiger crashed a lot for me too, but I kind of expect this from any OS that I use - having endured multiple versions of Windows and OS 9.

You're missing the point. This isn't an attack. If other people are running Tiger in a creative environment, then what is it about your particular circumstance that is preventing you from doing the same? Is it your particular software configuration? Is your hardware defective? Just saying "OSX sucks!" does nothing to help you stabilize a system that is working very well for so many other people. Don't b!tch about having a problem. Fix it or get someone who knows what they're doing to either help you or do it for you.

the-fish

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2005
To each his own. Apple and Microsoft react to each other's moves and plunder from each other - they drive each other to improve; it's called progress...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.