Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
desperate attempt at increase your post count, eh?

trolling is defined as "post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions."

and that's what you were doing.

btw, you are contradicting yourself, do you have to "deal" with MS or not?
If I were so desperately trying to increase my post count, why would I only have about 350 posts over the last 2+ years?

And yes, I have to deal with MS at work, but am thankful that I have something less taxing to come home to. Sorry if I sounded contradictory. I didn't know that I was on trial here.

Gurutech

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2006
The original poster is desperately looking for advice. And some of you just make humor out of the poster. If that's not called trolling,... lol

Be kind, and mature. We don't have to act that way even if the poster is looking for adivces for dell computer.

Also, some of us have to use Windows. It's not the matter of preference, but rather of living and making money.
Although this is mac forums, I don't mind someone asking PC advices. Also, most of us know both PC and mac well. If I have serious PC problem, I'd also ask for advices on this forum.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
This is a Mac forum.Questions about installing Vista/XP on a Mac seem reasonable because Mac's now run Windows but for a person to come on and ask about installing an O/S on a PC in a Mac forum is kinda dumb..

Just my opinion..

*Wasteland*

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
This is a Mac forum.Questions about installing Vista/XP on a Mac seem reasonable because Mac's now run Windows but for a person to come on and ask about installing an O/S on a PC in a Mac forum is kinda dumb..

Just my opinion..

*Wasteland*

i see your point, but it's just mean. i've asked for advice about a pc on here before, and maybe i worded it a little different, but i didnt run into all of this.

i went to other forums also, but i think if someone here can help, they should try to help

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
i've asked for advice about a pc on here before, and maybe i worded it a little different, but i didnt run into all of this.

i think the OP got him/herself into this situation.

i.) as my prof has said, "writing competently reflects the writer's intelligence and credential." i can understand english may not be the OP's native language, but if you read his posts the whole thing doesn't make sense. i.e. who in the world would go out of his/her way and use killdisk to format a brand new computer?

ii.) being a newbie doesn't mean it's bad or anything. but registered on 2-9-07 with only 2 posts in total and both posts are in this thread. i can see why others reacted the way they did.

iii.) it is my opinion that a logical approach would be to seek help from sites like support.dell.com's forum. the OP's intention of registering and posting windows tech questions as a newbie on MR is beyond me.

Mac the knife

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2006
Kansas
You may need to do more than format. I never had much luck with a fresh Win install without fdisk. Vista may have a strange way of doing the master boot record. To wipe this clean you need to run fdisk/mbr. Then run fidsk on the whole drive. Then remove the partition. Then repartition and format. Then boot from the XP disk and do a clean install. Cook at room temperature. Good luck.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
i see your point, but it's just mean. i've asked for advice about a pc on here before, and maybe i worded it a little different, but i didnt run into all of this.

i went to other forums also, but i think if someone here can help, they should try to help

And I too,see your point.My only point is WHY would a person using a PC who doesn't own a Mac ( I'm assuming this is the case here ) even come on a Mac board looking for info on Windows on a PC ? It just doesn't make sense.The person would be better off on a PC forum one would think.I mean how often does a person who owns a Dell computer go to the Genius Bar at an Apple store asking about his Dell ?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
And I too,see your point.My only point is WHY would a person using a PC who doesn't own a Mac ( I'm assuming this is the case here ) even come on a Mac board looking for info on Windows on a PC ? It just doesn't make sense.The person would be better off on a PC forum one would think.I mean how often does a person who owns a Dell computer go to the Genius Bar at an Apple store asking about his Dell ?

i know. i guess i just like to give people the benefit of a doubt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.