Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
i installed Vista x64 i got from work for free on my macbook using bootcamp .. now i cant find a bootcamp icon in control panel like u did in win xp to switch back to OS X

any ideas how to go back

Retired
May 16, 2006
Did you ever use bootcamp with XP?

The way to switch back is to shut down, and then when starting up hold the option key (sometimes alt), and choosing OSX.

Retired
May 16, 2006
it's not sometimes alt, it's always alt. Alt + Option are the same key, just one USA keyboard and the other European :)

I said 'sometimes alt' as I thought that the OP may have read 'option key' and seen that there was nothing on his keyboard saying 'option', so I thought to try and save him some confusion if he had a keyboard which had a button called 'alt'

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
it's not sometimes alt, it's always alt. Alt + Option are the same key, just one USA keyboard and the other European :)

I said 'sometimes alt' as I thought that the OP may have read 'option key' and seen that there was nothing on his keyboard saying 'option', so I thought to try and save him some confusion if he had a keyboard which had a button called 'alt'

i think on the MB the key has both "alt" and "option" written on the key. this is how it is on my MBP and my Apple BT keyboard.

Retired
May 16, 2006
i think on the MB the key has both "alt" and "option" written on the key. this is how it is on my MBP and my Apple BT keyboard.

On my keyboard (in the UK), only alt is written...same on my grandad's iMac's keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.