Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iceman485

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I'm running Boot Camp on a Mac Mini as my office computer. Overnight I leave Windows running so I can use Remote Desktop to work from home. For the past three days, when I get into the office, I can't get the computer to wake up. i know that the computer is running because I can still remote in. Any thoughts? I use all Macs at home and am looking to switch all office computers to Mac Minis once i get the bugs out of this. I have to run Wincrapo at the office because several research and form programs only come in Windows.

Thanks

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
:D :D

iceman485 said:
I'm running Boot Camp on a Mac Mini as my office computer. Overnight I leave Windows running so I can use Remote Desktop to work from home. For the past three days, when I get into the office, I can't get the computer to wake up. i know that the computer is running because I can still remote in. Any thoughts? I use all Macs at home and am looking to switch all office computers to Mac Minis once i get the bugs out of this. I have to run Wincrapo at the office because several research and form programs only come in Windows.

Thanks

Why don't you just stop them from going to sleep in the first place? Just set the screen to go off. The MacMini won't suffer any damage from being on 24/7.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I don't know terribly much about Windows, but if you can access the machine remotely then it's not sleeping. I think the screen may just have fallen asleep so maybe look for either a way to turn the screen back on (keyboard shortcut, but not sure what that'd be for Windows on an Intel Mac), or look for a way of ensuring the screen never sleeps. I could be completely wrong about all of this, of course. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.