Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Is this only a Mid-Atlantic section of the US thing or do people get it in other parts of the world? I've lived in various places, and nobody outside of here has heard of the Wintry Mix forecast. They all have the usual boring snow or sleet or whatever.

I just don't know what to do - I've got a paper to finish writing and I just don't care. It's about 50% of my grade (for a 6 credit class) and due by 5pm tomorrow. I have a couple pages left to write and then citations. I don't care.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
This morning was viscous with "Wintry Mix" it was like 33~34 F and Raining/Sleeting. I currently go to school in Pittsburgh so we get hit with the lake accumulation. My ears and face felt like they were being shot with a BB Gun.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
Yeah, we get that hear also (northwest ohio). We are actually getting so of it right now.

Half the reason my sister went into a ditch this morning (but that is still not an excuse, she was not driving safe enough for the conditions (see my post "Stupid Sister" for more details).

I personally dont like this kinda weather. I wish it could always be hot. The best thing that could happen is for it to be like 75F and snow, that would be great!!

iSaint

macrumors 603
Now, big brother, you should be concerned for the safety of your sister. Also, she did call to let you know she was ok and to let you know where the car was. And school is what's important to her, so she needed to be there on time. Thankfully you are around to take care of the situation for her.

...stupid sister!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
My drive into work this morning was interesting.. I abhor ice storms. Give me snow, give me rain, just don't screw up both Mother Nature. :mad:

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
iSaint said:
Now, big brother, you should be concerned for the safety of your sister. Also, she did call to let you know she was ok and to let you know where the car was. And school is what's important to her, so she needed to be there on time. Thankfully you are around to take care of the situation for her.

...stupid sister!

Well, everything is settled now. Just got everything pulled out of the ditch and the truck seems to be fine...oh and my sister as well. :p On another note, the roads up here are getting pretty bad. It is wet snow mix right now. So you get going one way and it just kinda sucks you in. Oh well, at least she will learn from this!!

Alls well that ends well!!

applegirl

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2005
In Cancun. Be back never.
iDM said:
This morning was viscous with "Wintry Mix" it was like 33~34 F and Raining/Sleeting. I currently go to school in Pittsburgh so we get hit with the lake accumulation. My ears and face felt like they were being shot with a BB Gun.

Yeah tell me about it, I didn't want to go outside. I still refuse to belive that summer is over, despite evidence to the contrary (it went by way too fast). :rolleyes:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Just started to snow here moments ago.

us_dca_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

I just did a story on an icebreaker here on the Chesapeake and the Coast Guard says all their data points to a normal winter. It's been nasty so far.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Great, that's just what I needed, a wintry mix to make my commute home tonight more "interesting"...what with the transit strike that's most likely going to happen tomorrow, I think I'm going to be looking forward to school starting again, just so I dont have to work any more.

iwitch

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2004
Wintry Mix

It's snowing right now...which I love. I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it...unfortunately, I'm at work right now. :( The upside is that I only live a 10 min drive up the street (if it weren't for stupid un-synchronized lights, I could make it in less than 5). Man, I love winter.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
it's been snowing/sleeting/freezing raining here most of the day. my hopes is that by the time my soccer game rolls around at 10 pm, the northern parts of md won't be so bad that it's cancelled. we'll see though.

yuck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.