Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rashdown_online

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Purton - Wiltshire
Hi

Does anyone know of a BT or similar Keyboard & Mouse/joystick/trackpad comination input device that will let me control and use a MacMini pluged into a TV from the comfort of my sofa? I want to use it as a PC (Internet/Mail/etc) and a DVD/iTunes thing.

I DON'T want seperate devices! I'm not going to be sat at a desk!!!

Can anyone help??? I've got to be typing the wrong search string into google as I'm getting no where!!! :confused:

Cheers
:apple:

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Do you mean like the base of a laptop? With a trackpad below a keyboard all on the same piece of plastic?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
there are a couple if you look on Amazon under the Keyboard section, but none officially state that they will work wish OS X.

rashdown_online

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Purton - Wiltshire
can you explain exactly what your looking for.

What I'm looking for is an input device that is one (1) unit.

It has a keyboard and pointing device (trackball; joystick; touchpad; etc) that are within this device.

The input device is connected to a base unit (MacMini, for example) via Wireless (Bluetooth for example).

In essence, I want to sit on my sofa, and surf the web/e-mail/type/games/what-ever through my TV.

Then use the MacMini as a DVD player.

I'd use the BT MightyMouse and Keyboard, but they are 2 devices, and have you ever tried conrolling the pointer on the screen using a mouse that is resting on a carpet!!! lol.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Hi

Does anyone know of a BT or similar Keyboard & Mouse/joystick/trackpad comination input device that will let me control and use a MacMini pluged into a TV from the comfort of my sofa? I want to use it as a PC (Internet/Mail/etc) and a DVD/iTunes thing.

I DON'T want seperate devices! I'm not going to be sat at a desk!!!

Can anyone help??? I've got to be typing the wrong search string into google as I'm getting no where!!! :confused:

Cheers
:apple:

try using the apple remote as a pointing device. maybe this could help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.