Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I have setup my Mini on my TV and I have all my emulators on it. The mini is situated a good 20 feet from the couch and I would love to play NES and SNES on it. Are there bluetooth gamepads? Or otherwise a good wireless gamepad? USB RF or something like that?

Please advise.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Xbox 360 Wireless controller might be useful. But pricey. Controller + reciever + emulation controller nonsense (or not if you're going to use Windows)

Theres always the Wii controller option, but AFAIK this only works under Windows.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Nonsense? What do you mean, NES and SNES work great on Mac. And I can use USB Overdrive to program the controller. I have a wired controller that works great, but that isn't sufficient for my living room.

A 360 controller might be doable if I get an Xbox, but otherwise no.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I think you misunderstood. The 360 controller works with Windows perfectly, and with an extra driver (a free one) you can get it working in OSX. However if you get the Wireless controller (RF) you will need to purchase a USB reciever. The cost mounts up, you could probably get 2 wired controllers instead of 1 wireless in the end.

The nonsense I referred to was the Emulation Plus or whatever it's called, built into all them emulators to use features that should be (and are under Windows and Linux) free. It was very much a stab at the money grabbing person who wrote them.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
you could use wii controller, its bluetooth, and you can get remote buddy, this will allow you to activate the emulator and play it with the wii remote

robot55

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2008
I have setup my Mini on my TV and I have all my emulators on it. The mini is situated a good 20 feet from the couch and I would love to play NES and SNES on it. Are there bluetooth gamepads? Or otherwise a good wireless gamepad? USB RF or something like that?

Please advise.

Why not go for the simple option - like a logitech gamepad. mac friendly and much cheaper.
See Here

Robot55

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.