Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
I just bought a new Powerbook 15" (love it) and although the keyboard and touchpad work, I'd like to get an external keyboard and mouse for my dorm room, preferably wireless as I only have two usb ports and don't feel like spending money on a hub. I've been looking into the logitech wireless navigator duo and have been getting mixed reviews. Does anybody have a logitech keyboard/mouse or any other external one that they've had a good experience with?

PixelFactory

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2003
Chicago
I currently use the Logitech MX700 Mouse. I really like it, no cords is a good thing. The only trouble I have had is forgeting to put it back on the charger base at night and having it run out of juice. They do sell an MX combo here which is a good deal. I paid $80 for my mouse.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Gyration makes a great wireless keyboard and mouse system. Works at great distances, we use them at work. You can get them in Fullsized and notebook sized keyboards. They're Mice recharge on a cradle, and have a builtin scrollwheel. They cost between $80 and $100. The basestation is only the size of a fist, and the Keyboards use AAA (or AA) batteries.

You can get them at CompUSA, or maybe you can find it on Google or eBay.
Check it out here

TEG

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
How is the microsoft keyboard/mouse combo? I know most people have at least a small bias against microsoft, but if I can save money I don't care who profits from it.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
The M$ RF KB and Mouse work, but have horrid Battery life.

I have heard mixed opnions about Bluetooth Version. Sometimes the signal gives completely, and battery life is better but not great.

Use at your own risk.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.