Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

answer348

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
I'm heading back to school in a few weeks, and I figure that I should head back with a mouse this time. As far as I know, there's no winner in the bluetooth mouse department, so I'm looking for a USB wireless optical mouse for less than $40. I just want something with good performance, good battery life, and a shiny exterior to match my powerbook. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What do you mean by a USB wireless mouse?

I use the standard Apple Wireless Mouse (Bluetooth) and I think it's great but I've only been using it for a week now so problems haven't had any chance to occur really. :)

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
I know it's the Darkside, but I use a Microsoft wireless, just recently changed the batteries, lasted over 10 months on the batteries that were in the box. It's very smooth and scrolls smoothly also, it came in 5 or 6 different colors, do not know if they still make it?

Brian

whiteangel

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2004
Manchester
Get the logitech v500, and it matches the powerbook too ! :D

I got one, and the touch scroll saves me from moving my finger repeatedly when scrolling long long pages of code, just place finger the end and press down. How nice ;)

I am not sure how much it costs in the US though, got it for £38 .

answer348

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
Has anyone used the Logitech v200? On Amazon it has very positive reviews and costs a little over $30.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
whiteangel said:

I got one, and the touch scroll saves me from moving my finger repeatedly when scrolling long long pages of code, just place finger the end and press down. How nice ;)

Thanks for this tip. I use V500 when I travel with my 12" PB and I have not noticed that scrolling feature (I may have; but I have not been paying attention) until now. That's a cool feature.

RooX

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2005
YS2003 said:
Thanks for this tip. I use V500 when I travel with my 12" PB and I have not noticed that scrolling feature (I may have; but I have not been paying attention) until now. That's a cool feature.

how could you not notice? do you buy products without doing any research or even read the packaging it came in? Why else would it be as expensive as it is?

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
whiteangel said:

That's such a cool looking mouse...but it costs around $69.95 US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.