Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
There needs to be some kind of punishment, make it clear that this type of lie won't be tolerated. I do think that if she came out and made a full forthcoming public apology it would help her decision. Now her life will be in the hands of a jury, unless she makes a plea agreement.

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2004
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
Soooo typical, call for punishment!! Idiots, sometime you wonder if people rather have her found dead than seeing her alive. Maybe it is time to get my Canadian emigration plans out again.

tamtam

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2004
Frankly I do not think she should get jail time, however community service for a year would be justified. Remember she was quick to accuse a Hispanic male as a kidnapper in the phone tapes. I think linking her community service to serving the Hispanic community is justice served.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Mr. Anderson said:
Coming soon, after/if she actually goes through with the marriage, the Made For TV Hallmark Movie Special..... :rolleyes:

(I joke, but you know someone has already thought of doing this....)

D

I was joking.... but its going to happen now.... :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/wilbanks.rights.ap/index.html

And she still took a crappy picture. Got to wonder who'll they'll get to play her :D

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
calyxman said:
I wouldn't doubt if she gets a call from Playboy.

Now that would not be right....bleh....

But she might end up making more money than all the fines she had to pay - that's a pretty sad commentary.

D

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hoef said:
Soooo typical, call for punishment!! Idiots, sometime you wonder if people rather have her found dead than seeing her alive. Maybe it is time to get my Canadian emigration plans out again.

LMFAO. So true. The poor woman was scared. How she went about solving her problems wasn't right and she should have to make financial restitution and maybe do community service but quite frankly there is absolutely no reason whatsoever she should go to jail. From a moral standpoint in my mind, anyway. She didn't really HURT anyone.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
StarbucksSam said:
LMFAO. So true. The poor woman was scared. How she went about solving her problems wasn't right and she should have to make financial restitution and maybe do community service but quite frankly there is absolutely no reason whatsoever she should go to jail. From a moral standpoint in my mind, anyway. She didn't really HURT anyone.

I disagree about the restitution bit. This is America and a free country. We still have the right to say screw it and go where-ever. As long as she wasn't fleeing debt or the law she did nothing illegal. Her only crime came at the end when she called home and told the police that she had been kidnapped.

calyxman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
MongoTheGeek said:
I would. Hef has better taste.

Women of Wal Mart was good taste? LOL :D

Remember when Fox came out with that first reality show, who wants to marry a millionaire? I forget the lady's name, but she split up with the guy and she later did a playboy shoot.

Plus the makeup artists and photographers can work wonders.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
calyxman said:
Plus the makeup artists and photographers can work wonders.

They'd need to bring in the Hollywood Special Effects team for her, I think....

It might just be that she takes really bad photos - those eyes are a bit much.

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Mr. Anderson said:
I was joking.... but its going to happen now.... :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/wilbanks.rights.ap/index.html

And she still took a crappy picture. Got to wonder who'll they'll get to play her :D

D

I think that from the picture of her in CNN, Julia Roberts was be perfect for the part. Contacts or maybe some other prothetic would make her perfect for the part. A book and movie deal should be plenty to satisfy all her needs.

Don't really see her doing Playboy.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
utterly ridiculous.
then people like delay or the enron guy should get several life sentences to be served consecutively.
Just leave her alone. she is in therapy, that's what she needs.
I also disagree on the "compensation". If anything, costs should only be calculated since AFTER she made the call pretending the kidnapping. until than she doesn't owe anything. even after, she was panicking and under duresse, it's not like it was an elaborate prank.
the legal costs alone of this thing will be more than the expenses incurred.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.