Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
I bit the bullet and ordered... No use torturing myself waiting for an iMac update...

24" iMac
nVidia 7600GT
2GB Ram
250GB HD
Mini-DVI - DVI Adapter (for my 19" widescreen)
normal kb and mouse

not bad, they gave me the dvi adapter free.

Did anyone know the uk apple offers a free printer with your purchase?

freeman24

Aug 14, 2006
Yea i bought mine from the apple store (in-store) and got a free printer.. You have to order any printer (Well, the ones it says you can get money off) and a mac at the same time. Then you got to fill in this mail in rebate. Still waiting for mine but you have to cut your mac box up!! :(

What you get is £60 off. The HP Deskjet 5940 is £59.95 so they are giving you 5p to have this printer!

haven't tried it yet though, but i am sure its good.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Yea i bought mine from the apple store (in-store) and got a free printer.. You have to order any printer (Well, the ones it says you can get money off) and a mac at the same time. Then you got to fill in this mail in rebate. Still waiting for mine but you have to cut your mac box up!! :(

What you get is £60 off. The HP Deskjet 5940 is £59.95 so they are giving you 5p to have this printer!

haven't tried it yet though, but i am sure its good.

I feel a bit silly now! I only bought the machine, left the printer out and got a mini-dvi to dvi adapter for free.... Grrr I should have pushed for some extras! Oh well, next time :)

I'm just so happy that I've finally gotten round to purchasing it. However I don't know if I can bare the waiting time... They say it will only ship on the 25th (understandable) but estimated delivery time is the 5th/6th of Feb... That's nearly 3 weeks.

mhuk01

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2006
South West England
I feel a bit silly now! I only bought the machine, left the printer out and got a mini-dvi to dvi adapter for free.... Grrr I should have pushed for some extras! Oh well, next time :)

I'm just so happy that I've finally gotten round to purchasing it. However I don't know if I can bare the waiting time... They say it will only ship on the 25th (understandable) but estimated delivery time is the 5th/6th of Feb... That's nearly 3 weeks.

if you still want the hp 5940 it is now on special offer in the uk store - 19 quid!

seems like a bargain, but do any of you have any comments on the printer? what's the quality like and how cheap are the cartridges?

Toddgabweg

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2007
PA
I am hoping for an update soon for the 24in imac because I have over $3000 tax return just burning a hole in my wallet:cool:

Mr Mac Newbie

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2007
London, England
I'm ordering my 20'' imac very soon from the online apple store although i will probably phone my order through

I wanted to go to the store and do it but the store apparently can't do the upgrades like 2GB Ram 256mb Graphics ect and that has to be done direct wit Apple?

I wonder f i can get something for nothing :)

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
if you still want the hp 5940 it is now on special offer in the uk store - 19 quid!

seems like a bargain, but do any of you have any comments on the printer? what's the quality like and how cheap are the cartridges?

I've already got a printer, that's why I didn't take the free one... In hindsight I should have and then sold it on.

I can recommend any hp printer tbh because they are very good for the money (at work we have 2 indigo presses and the quality is outstanding (well it should be for £70,000 each).

:)

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
I'm ordering my 20'' imac very soon from the online apple store although i will probably phone my order through

I wanted to go to the store and do it but the store apparently can't do the upgrades like 2GB Ram 256mb Graphics ect and that has to be done direct wit Apple?

You can't get it done in the store, but you can get it done online or the phone. Also the dates they deliver are not accurate as mine was delivered two days earlier than it was supposed to be.

It was a LONG wait too.

emac82

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada

I know some of the Apple resellers can order in the custom macs for you.

CompuSmart in Canada can...it costs the exact same and you get to buy it locally instead of over the phone.

kixsand

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2007
Toronto
I know some of the Apple resellers can order in the custom macs for you.

CompuSmart in Canada can...it costs the exact same and you get to buy it locally instead of over the phone.

I did the same thing at CPUSED. It cost the exact same but I was able to give the business to them...a Canadian company.

They did offer a twist on the Apple Care. If you don't make a hardware claim on the Apple Care during your ownership period they will knock the cost of the Apple Care($199) off your next system purchase.

darren

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.