Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
I see a lot of people confuse blog, blogging, forum, and website management.

The only difference between blog and blogging is one is a noun and one is a verb. A blog is a linear, regular posting by a certain person or on a certain topic, etc. Blogging is nothing more than the act of posting to the blog. I'm not blogging right now. This is not a blog. It's a forum. Posting is not blogging.

News articles are not "blogged" to a site. They are most likely submitted through a database managed website interface where one logs in and adds an article. The articles are drawn upon in some categoric way. By date, by importance, by author, by category, etc. A blog is simply by time and date.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
So I really like this app. My one complaint? It appears that the iPhone versions ignores some blog settings...particularly thumbnail size of inserted photos. I did a post with an image inserted, and the thumbnail is about twice the size of thumbnails in other posts.

But that's fairly minor, I think. By and large, this is a great application.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I really like what they've done with this so far, but I don't see an easy way to add links to posts. Looks like you have to manually type the html and url. If you're trying to link to a google map... forget it. Now I'm starting to crave copy and paste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.