Worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by camardelle, Feb 7, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

1st gen Touch. Some of the apps I like are no longer running on the iOS. Should I attempt to update the iOS to the current version or just let it die a slow death. Will a first gen Touch even run the current iOS?

Lots of questions.

2. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hi there :) The first gen iPod Touch won't run iOS5, nor will the highest version of iOS it can run go very smoothly on the outdated hardware :( Sorry, but the first gen is really only good for basic apps and basic tasks.

3. camardelle, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I was afraid of. I've been using it for several years to check the weather in the morning and not really much more. A first gen iPhone would probably be in the same boat, right?

Thanks for the info.

4. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah, except the first gen iPhone would also be useful for calling & texting. Good luck :)

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Another good point. I'll hang on to the phone, maybe replace the touch. Thanks!

6. macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When you get a new one don't chuck out the first gen iPhone and iPod Touch, as they are valuable collector's items :)

7. macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

1st Gen iPhones also have a pretty good camera... Not High Res, but good color saturation. Good enough resolution for email and web posting...

I don't have an active sim card but on WiFi, I can make calls with Text Free and Skype.

8. macrumors 68020

Firestar

They aren't that valuable. Maybe a hundred dollars or so (probably less), but they're at least worth selling.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone willing to give me a c-note for my touch let me know. LOL!!!

10. jamewhite86, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

macrumors newbie

Worth the trouble?

Some successful companies have thrived off of making their employees compete against each other, giving many a manager the brilliant idea that they should try it at their own office.Thanks for sharing the information.