Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordOfTheMacs

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
New Jersey
Hello all,
I would really like an clamshell iBook. I would use one for surfing and e-mail
and to mess around with other apps. I don't require much speed, that's what my iMac is for:). If I were to buy one via eBay how much would it cost me?

Requirements:
Must have OSX (preferrably v10.2 or later)
Must have an Airport card installed or included with machine
Must have enough memory for OSX to run smoothly
Must be in good shape with a working battery and power supply
Advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated:D:apple:

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
anything goes on ebay. check old auctions for what they've sold for in the past. and keep your eye on new auctions.

macbrooke

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
Toronto, Ontario!
Hey.. I will answer you because I have learned from experience most posts here regarding "old" machines don't get a lot of attention.

I have an old Clamshell myself.. it was a wicked computer, I loved it for e-mail and basic web surfing. You do need to find an original apple wireless airport card however and I hear they can be pricey.

My old clamshell would still be in use I bet .. but it developed an issue with the power inverter and my son threw my keys at the display ( he was 2) and it cracked and ruined the LCD.

If you can located one I say go for it.. it looks super cool, its rugged and granted its not a powerhouse, but it can handle most basic uses with ease.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.