Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgr874

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Texas
I bought a lumia 920 on the day it came out. I was using a 900 for a few months prior to that and was seriously considering switching over from my Apple products to Microsft.

However, when I went to put in my live ID it said that I could not use it to sync as I had reached the maximum devices allowed. To make a long story short, it's now the morning of the 4th day and my 920 remains unable to sync with anything. Everyday I am on support with Microsoft and nobody can help me reset my account devices. I keep getting told "we have to escalate this". I know it's the holiday weekend, but 4 days without and sort of fix or even an update? I know my sample size is just one, but any major issue I have ever had with my Apple products was only a store trip away and its solved.

In your experiences, would I have been treated better by Apple?

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I recently had an issue with out of my Hotmail accounts and tried to contact Microsoft for help... I ended up giving up, customer service is terrible and can't even give a straight answer.

dgr874

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Texas
I recently had an issue with out of my Hotmail accounts and tried to contact Microsoft for help... I ended up giving up, customer service is terrible and can't even give a straight answer.

Sounds like me. Too bad, I was so ready to go all Microsoft too...

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Last time I contacted MS support about my hotmail being used by someone other than me, I asked MS support if my account was compromised and how this may have happened.

Not only wouldn't they confirm if my account had been compromised, they sent me response Suggesting I upgrade my browser to Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer.

I pretty much gave up at that point. Changed passwords, used the account for spam signups and left it at that.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland

Apple have usually been good to me, but then again so have Microsoft. I've had an issue with Apple support that just got escalated and escalated and escalated for months.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I bought a lumia 920 on the day it came out. I was using a 900 for a few months prior to that and was seriously considering switching over from my Apple products to Microsft.

However, when I went to put in my live ID it said that I could not use it to sync as I had reached the maximum devices allowed. To make a long story short, it's now the morning of the 4th day and my 920 remains unable to sync with anything. Everyday I am on support with Microsoft and nobody can help me reset my account devices. I keep getting told "we have to escalate this". I know it's the holiday weekend, but 4 days without and sort of fix or even an update? I know my sample size is just one, but any major issue I have ever had with my Apple products was only a store trip away and its solved.

I have had a similar issue with Apple before...twice. Both times I reached my limit for computers authorized to access my account in iTunes. Both times I have called Apple CS and they have corrected it immediately.

Say what you will about Apple, but their CS is second to none.

dgr874

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Texas
I have had a similar issue with Apple before...twice. Both times I reached my limit for computers authorized to access my account in iTunes. Both times I have called Apple CS and they have corrected it immediately.

Say what you will about Apple, but their CS is second to none.

That sounds like my experiences too. Both times I have had a major problem it was fixed with a trip to the store. Too bad my "local" store was three hours drive one way, but the problems were fixed on the spot with little hassle. That experience has stuck with me all this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.