Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSloper74

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
I have

MBR 1.1 GHz
OS X 10.10.3 (clean recovery install)
FV2 enabled

I have an issue that only occurs at the login screen right after boot. Once logged in or coming out of sleep this does not occur.

The CAPS key presses do not always register. This leads to the CAPS indicator and password indicator getting out of sync. It doesn't take fast repetition to cause this either. Once I'm logged in the registration is always 100% accurate.

I'm curious if this is common to all of them right now. The fact it only happens at the first login screen tells me it is not HW.

I tried everything phone support suggested with no change.

TSloper74

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
I turned off FV2 and the CAPS lock operates correctly at the login screen.

TSloper74

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Is there anyone at all willing to check their MBR with FV2 enabled and see if their CAPS lock doesn't register reliably at the login screen after powering up from a power off state?

TSloper74

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Just tried and my caps lock works fine under the conditions you described. Base model rMB. 10.10.3

My wife has been traveling but I had her FT me and hers is behaving the same way mine is. You may see the CAPS green LED work correctly but it won't always reflect the same state in the password box indicator.

Apple is currently looking into this in one of their labs. They reached out to me today.

TSloper74

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Apple called me today and stated that this behavior was observed in their lab and that it is a software issue and not a hardware issue. A resolution timeframe is still TBD.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
My wife has been traveling but I had her FT me and hers is behaving the same way mine is. You may see the CAPS green LED work correctly but it won't always reflect the same state in the password box indicator.

Apple is currently looking into this in one of their labs. They reached out to me today.

My standalone apple keyboard does this. It happens on more than just the login screen

saifrc

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Caps Lock works fine at the login screen on my gold 1.2/512. Hope this gets fixed for you!

TSloper74

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
So with FV2 enabled and the initial password box up from a cold boot you can hit the caps lock key and every single time the indicator in the password box changed? It never misses? I am doubting that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.