Wow, never saw an all-in-on PM G3 before.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by neoelectronaut, Jun 13, 2005.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

For the summer I work for the local school system as an ITS Tech.(http://stcharles.k12.la.us)

While making my rounds today updating antivirus software and logging MAC addresses and IPs, I often come across Macs.

...poor old forgotten Macs. What I come across the most is the old Power Macintosh 5260's. (Or at least it looks like that...I forget the actual number on the front of the case--I'll edit this later when I find out.

Now just sitting right next to me while I type this is a Powermac G3 All-in-one. It kind of blew me away because I've never seen one before. I have some pictures on my phone and when I get home I'll throw them up. G3/266mhz (512kb cache), 4GB HD, 32MB Ram/24x CD-Rom

In a way it's sad because in a year or two the few and far between Macs left in the schools are just gonna get chucked out. I kinda wish I could save one or two for myself... :(

In the late 80s and early 90s this school system was 100% Mac. In fact the first time I've ever used a computer was at Central Office with my aunt. (School Board General Director) It was an old...well, to be honest I forget what it was exactly. What I do remember was the CD-Rom drive being external and it using a caddy.

Of course now the entire school system is 98% Compaq...I guess because it's "Cheaper". But it's sad in it's own little way.

Oh well, it's giving me a job at least.

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Yes, they are weird-looking things. I suppose if an iMac G3 and a beige G3 had sex, that's what you'd get. I've got one myself.

3. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I've just finished updating a PC in a room here. In the corner at a desk sit a Power Macintosh 5260/120 and a LC 580, all alone, probably rarely used.

Just something about those computers feel warmer and friendlier compared to this cold piece of machinery I'm using now.

[​IMG]

That...but replace the flat panel with a CRT and you get the picture.

(And add a floppy drive. lol.)