Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NEENAHBOY

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Arlington, VA
I'm using ScreenCaptureGUI to get a screen grab during DVD playback. It's supposed to save the screen grab as a PDF file. However, the folder in which you save the PDF must have write permissions enabled. I'm the only user on the PB (and thus the admin), so I would think that almost any folder would be available for me to dump the PDF in.

However, whenever I go to open the file in Preview, it comes up with an error dialog box saying it can't open the file. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better app that I could be using for this?

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
NEENAHBOY said:
I'm using ScreenCaptureGUI to get a screen grab during DVD playback. It's supposed to save the screen grab as a PDF file. However, the folder in which you save the PDF must have write permissions enabled.
Do you have Root User enabled? If you're only grabbing screen shots, is there a reason you can't just use Command-Shift-3 and Command-Shift-4 (grabs to the Desktop folder)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.