Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brikro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
hello , how i can write the serial in the firmware of the new logic ?becouse in apple store forgot it, when change my logic, and i live far of it and when i put in leopard information of my mac say "system serial" i need a aplication for this if any have an idea or a software please say me
Thanks Brian

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
can you please rewrite what you're saying?

I am having a very hard time understand what you mean.

I will say this,

when I had my Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) imac's logic board replaced, when i clicked on "about this mac" the serial number was no longer there (it might have said "not found" or "not recognized")

i think the serial numbers are hardwired into the logic board.

However, even after you change the logic board, the serial number that your mac initially came with is the serial number it will always have (in terms of what you tell apple if you call them up asking for service)

If you're asking how to rip off or fraudulently trick apple, please go away. I know that piracy and/or theft of intellectual property may be more common in less developed countries where income makes it more difficult to purchase legitimate licenses/machines, but that does not make it ok to do so.

brikro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
okey sorry jaj,
well
when apple changed my logic, they forgot to put my serial number in the firmware
my question is, how i can put the serial number in the firmware,? i need a software for change the firmware

robotica

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2007
Edinburgh
He needs a program call setsysser or something fed similar. This will let you enter the missing info

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
okey sorry jaj,
well
when apple changed my logic, they forgot to put my serial number in the firmware
my question is, how i can put the serial number in the firmware,? i need a software for change the firmware

The serial number is located under the battery....? As far as entering it somewhere, call apple. Seeing how they "did the work" they should fix the issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.