Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm going for Don't panic. The way the wolves are acting remind me of a past game when we were both wolves and he was coming up with ideas for things like this to happen.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
I'm going for Don't panic. The way the wolves are acting remind me of a past game when we were both wolves and he was coming up with ideas for things like this to happen.

not sure what you mean by that. what are the 'things like this' that happened?

- on day one, it was mostly random, only noteworthy element was sythas claiming to be a special
- night one, wolves attacked sythas, and the hunter protected him
- day 2, sythas came out as the seer, accused QoS of being a WW and cleared SS. QoS was indeed a wolf and got lynched (without your vote, i must add)
- night 2, sythas got predictably killed, as he couldn't be protected again
- day 3, we went after the wrong person, without any real evidence but with some indications (that turned out to be incorrect). Both of us bear responsibility in this, although i will admit that mine is bigger as the last vote
- night 3, again predictably, scepticalscribe got killed, she was the only one remaining who was cleared. it's too bad the hunter didn't/couldn't protect her

now here we are. from my perspective there is nobody that particularly sticks out in either direction, but there is 'something' on everyone. obviously since there are only 2 WW, most of the 'something' is wrong.

my vote for you is based on your early no-vote on the day we lynched QoS. I know it's little , which is why I am open to switching if anyone has a better idea/interpretation of the events

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Things like purposely causing confusion. In past games where we were wolves, you'd often concoct schemes to cause general panic and confusion amongst the villagers. You've gotten the village mob going for someone right away, just to take eyes off of yourself like we did to Rod Prime and now what your trying to do to me. I've already told you why I didn't vote on day two. I was flat out busy and had no time to decode this thread.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
Things like purposely causing confusion. In past games where we were wolves, you'd often concoct schemes to cause general panic and confusion amongst the villagers. You've gotten the village mob going for someone right away, just to take eyes off of yourself like we did to Rod Prime and now what your trying to do to me. I've already told you why I didn't vote on day two. I was flat out busy and had no time to decode this thread.

well, since i voted for you yesterday and again today, it is fair you are 'angry' at me, but i haven't started any mob voting for anyone (since nobody else voted for you, yesterday or today). feel free to show me where i did otherwise.
i voted to save sythas on day 1 and to hang QoS on day 2, then i did eventually jump on the pluto bandwagon (where you already were, btw) on day 3.
In any case please don't take the vote personally, it is just a game.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
On Day 2, the (presumed) Seer outed Queen of Spades as a WW. That's good enough for me to accept that Sythas really was the Seer.

I don't see anything helpful in the voting record for Day 1.

On Day 2, there are three kinds of players:
  1. Those who voted for QoS BEFORE she was outed by Sythas
  2. Those who voted for QoS ONLY AFTER she was outed by Sythas
  3. Those who did not vote for QoS at all

It's very easy for even a WW to vote for a fellow WW after the latter has been outed - it's the natural play at that point, to appear less wolf-y. So as far as I'm concerned, those three groups of people should be evaluated thusly:

Group 1 (Sythas, Scepticalscribe, Tomorrow) - Clean. No WW would have voted for a colleague blindly, with no input from a special.

Group 2 (rick snagwell, WoodNUFC, Moyank24, Don't Panic) - Suspicious. Like I said, it's easy to gang up on a colleague who has been outed.

Group 3 (Intell, Plutonius) - Mildly suspicious. Hard to read a no-vote, but with the holiday weekend, anything is possible.

It's Group 2 which I wish to dissect further, since that group is the most suspicious.

Group 2 above can be divided into two groups:

1. Those who did not vote until QoS was outed
  2. Those who voted for someone else, then changed their vote to QoS after she was outed

The former sub-group (WoodNUFC, Don't Panic) doesn't worry me too much - after all, it would seem than anybody who checked in for the first time after QoS was outed would have voted for her, if they voted at all, so this doesn't really tell me much more than Group 3 above - these two remain Mildly suspicious to me.

The latter sub-group (rick snagwell, Moyank24) actually voted for someone (trying to lynch an innocent, perhaps?), then changed their vote after QoS was identified. I find these two the most suspicious for that reason.

Which brings us to Day 3 voting - rick voted for Plutonius, and Moyank24 didn't vote. And a vote for someone I don't greatly suspect worries me more than no vote at all.

In the end, I'm back where I was on Day 3 - rick snagwell.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
nice analysis, tomorrow
in general, i agree with you, but on a couple of things a little less so.

the first thing that a I am not in full agreement is that your argument appears a bit skewed to make yourself look good. ;)
i went back and re-read most of the thread, and while it is true that you voted for QoS, your vote didn't contribute to her hanging at all.
you voted for her, then retracted your vote, and then re-voted for her only after majority was already reached, so you should also be in the group that you deem 'suspicious'. By your own criteria. you should be put in group 2, sub-group 2, like Rick.

I don't make much of the timing because it was a holiday and some people where away for most of the time (including myself) but you cannot claim to be "clean" because you stated several time in the thread that you were waiting for sythas to clarify. so you are as a minimum in the same boat as others.

the second thing i disagree on is the value of non voting: to me there is a difference between not voting (like plutonius in day 2 or moyank in day 3), which could be caused by simply not being available, and casting a no-vote, which is much more of a cop-out, because it is a choice to avoid responsabilities and accountability

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
i went back and re-read most of the thread, and while it is true that you voted for QoS, your vote didn't contribute to her hanging at all.
you voted for her, then retracted your vote, and then re-voted for her only after majority was already reached, so you should also be in the group that you deem 'suspicious'. By your own criteria. you should be put in group 2, sub-group 2, like Rick.

You misunderstand my criteria. I voted for QoS before Sythas confirmed her wolf-y-ness. Yes, I retracted my vote and re-voted after confirmation - but still, a WW would not have initially voted for her, IMO. A WW would only have voted for her AFTER the confirmation came out - so yes, by my own criteria, I'm clean.

the second thing i disagree on is the value of non voting: to me there is a difference between not voting (like plutonius in day 2 or moyank in day 3), which could be caused by simply not being available, and casting a no-vote, which is much more of a cop-out, because it is a choice to avoid responsabilities and accountability

Now this is true, but for the purpose of my analysis, a no-vote gives us the same amount of information - none - as not voting at all.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
You misunderstand my criteria. I voted for QoS before Sythas confirmed her wolf-y-ness. Yes, I retracted my vote and re-voted after confirmation - but still, a WW would not have initially voted for her, IMO. A WW would only have voted for her AFTER the confirmation came out - so yes, by my own criteria, I'm clean.

Now this is true, but for the purpose of my analysis, a no-vote gives us the same amount of information - none - as not voting at all.

IMO a retracted vote does not count and can be a tactic, so you are not 'clean' in my book yet. but you got me thinking about rick. I still like Intell more though. for now.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Rick for now. I find it fishy that SS was wary of him, and now she's dead.

i can see this, and def think its moyank or tomorrow, a smart wolf that frames me since im usually a easy target.

after reading a lot of tomorrow's posting, i don't think its you. moyank is usually a very talkative lady on these games...and with the holiday over and its the end of the week...

don't let the ladies fool us. i retract tomorrow, and vote moyank.

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Sorry for being MIA everyone....

I've been dealing with 2 sick kids and haven't had a second since Tuesday to even get online.

I, like QOS, have never used silence as a tactic when i was a WW. And I don't think in 3 years of playing I've ever actually missed a vote. Kids are better and will be back in school tomorrow (thank goodness for all of our sakes!!).

I understand why it would be suspicious, but it really had nothing to do with the game.

That said, for now, I'm going to withhold a vote so I can go back and see what I missed.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Sorry for being MIA everyone....

I've been dealing with 2 sick kids and haven't had a second since Tuesday to even get online.

I, like QOS, have never used silence as a tactic when i was a WW. And I don't think in 3 years of playing I've ever actually missed a vote. Kids are better and will be back in school tomorrow (thank goodness for all of our sakes!!).

I understand why it would be suspicious, but it really had nothing to do with the game.

That said, for now, I'm going to withhold a vote so I can go back and see what I missed.

yeah, way to make me feel bad! :(

happy to hear the good news though.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
yeah, way to make me feel bad! :(

happy to hear the good news though.

:D

I really didn't say it to make you feel bad. I have two 6 year olds. At that age, they're just 1 big germ!

All the joking about my previous votes aside, I'm going with WoodNUFC. He jumped on Pluto fairly quick after he got 2 votes. And his vote for rick right out of the gate just gives me pause.

SS died because she was the only one we knew was not a wolf. She was an obvious kill. So using her suspicion on rick as a reason for her being dead is a little off. And honestly, if i was a wolf I'd try to start a bandwagon on rick because he seems to be a bandwagon magnet.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
2 full days and nothing is new on the western front... :zzz:

...and this is why some people find deadlines useful ;)

alright, i'll be the fist to blink in this game of sleepy chicken and shake things up a little bit (while looking suspicious to tomorrow in doing so ;)).

Since clearly nobody shares my weariness of intell and the rick bandwagon seems equally stuck, plus i believe moyank's reasons for not posting based on past games, i'll go with moyank and vote woodNUFC.

what is there against wood NUFC? not much, really :D
- voted for sythas on day one and didn't change the vote after sythas claimed specialhood
- put in a late hanging vote for QoS
- jumped midway on the plutonius bandwagon
- started rick's bandwagon with iffy motivation (see post above, although he might still be right)

woodnuFC: 2 (moyank, dontpanic)
rick snagwell: 2 (woodnufc, tomorrow)
don'tpanic: 1 (intell)
moyank: 1 (rick)

Last edited:

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
The sythas vote on day one was because he had no proof to back up his claim at being special. Once he provided that proof, which was verified by SS, on day 2 I voted for QoS.

I voted for Rick because SS had doubts about him, and I trust SS.

The Pluto vote, I was just wrong. He said he was a villager, but never says anything more than that so it's hard to get a read on him.

I am a plain villager, no special skills here. I've said the same since day 1.

Moyank, has voted for me every chance she has, which leads me to believe she is trying to set me up for the fall.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
The sythas vote on day one was because he had no proof to back up his claim at being special. Once he provided that proof, which was verified by SS, on day 2 I voted for QoS.

I voted for Rick because SS had doubts about him, and I trust SS.

The Pluto vote, I was just wrong. He said he was a villager, but never says anything more than that so it's hard to get a read on him.

I am a plain villager, no special skills here. I've said the same since day 1.

Moyank, has voted for me every chance she has, which leads me to believe she is trying to set me up for the fall.

well it seems that you have jumped on bandwagons to secure your spot and make it easier for others to lead the vote in getting killed.

everyone says they are a villager, that doesn't make it true.

and in a purely defensive vote and that i believe moyanks excuse, im changing my vote to woodnufc in case raven stops the daytime soon.

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
well it seems that you have jumped on bandwagons to secure your spot and make it easier for others to lead the vote in getting killed.

everyone says they are a villager, that doesn't make it true.

I don't follow your first point, but I agree with the second. It actually makes the same point I was making. Sythas was saying he was a villager I doubted him on day 1, he showed proof on day 2, I voted with him.

If you want to jump on the bandwagon, great. I'm not a special, but I am a villager.

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
I'm switching my vote to Moyank

She's voted for me every round, without reason. And is now starting the bandwagon against me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.