Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandermac18

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2013
United Kingdom
Now that the deadline has passed, is anyone willing to share screenshots of their app they made for the scholarship? I'd be quite interested to know what sort of competition other students are up against this year.

tubtub

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
@aarongrider: Great idea!

I developed an iPad app with some neat effects. I'm going to make a video in a couple of weeks. Some stuff shown there is more or less confidential so I need to wait for it to be publicly available.

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
I made an app where one option was to play a game and the other option was to know stuff about me. I used photoshop and created a nice layout for the app. I spent lots of time and stressed on it, and last year I was rejected, so I hope this year I'll get accepted.

GreatGold

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2013
My app

Hey guys,

I really hope you all did great at developing your apps.

I made a little video on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xkpZPPZ_8) which shows the app I made. It uses the gyroscope as the main navigation method and it uses images and animations instead of heavy amount of text to tell more about myself. I hope you like it!!

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
Your app is extremely nice and really clever. I can clearly tell that's a winning app.

Congrats on the victory! Haha

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
Apple will let us know if we won or lost in 13 days, and I'm so nervous, expecting to lose. Ahhh! The anxiety is killing me!

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
Thanks!! Good luck with yours!! I am sure it's worthy of a win :)

Mines isn't even half as nice as yours. I still hope I get accepted though! I don't have coding background so this was a first, I was rejected last year, but I hope this year I'll be in an get to meet all you aspiring developers!

matisDS

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
Belgium
Still 10 days! I'm getting so excited!!!!
Does anyone know at what time Apple sends the confirmation e-mail on the 28th of april?

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
Worried

So I was thinking so much about WWDC today for some reason, and I started to get a little bit anxious. I went to go on YouTube to see if people had put videos of their apps on there, and I as I go video to video, I get more and more nervous. All those apps are beautiful and great, and I can see everyone worked tremendously hard on those apps. I don't have a coding background, and I don't really have the time because of personal commitments, but I saw at least 10 videos, and all the apps are great, and look like winning apps!

I worked hard on mines, and I'm not saying that my app is a losing one, but I surely strongly hope that it will get accepted as competition is aggressive! Haha.

Well good luck to all, may the odds be ever in your favor :p!

nicholasgis

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Tennessee
WWDC Student Scholarship

So as you guys know, its that time of year again where we all make apps and send them to Apple in hopes of winning a scholarship.

Note that the deadline is tomorrow at 5:00PM PDT.

Last year I was rejected, so this year I hope I get accepted.

So we'll use this thread like the previous last year's thread and keep each other updated and whatnot.

Good Luck to All! :D

Like you I was rejected last year as well! I re-entered this year as well and hope to get in! Hope this years forum can populate like last years!

nicholasgis

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Tennessee
Hello

Hello everybody! My name is Nicholas and I just found this forum. I was looking for one a while back but was unable to find one until now! I too have submitted an app for submission and like all I'm hoping to win! I submitted an app last year and got rejected, but thought it was worth a shot again this year since the reward is so great! Anyway I'm excited to start posting on this forum and seeing what everyone has to say! Thanks!

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
I submitted an app last year and got rejected, but thought it was worth a shot again this year since the reward is so great!

This is me Nicholas, it was very disappointing last year, and I sure hope you and I make it this year haha! we both have something in common. Good luck to you my friend, only 9 days to go! WWDC:apple:14

nicholasgis

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Tennessee
Time

Thanks for the answer unfortunally that's about 3 am in Belgium and it is school so I propably can't stay up. ;( ;( ;(

Hahaha that is really unfortunate! BUT... think about how good you will feel the morning. You see in your inbox "Apple Developer" You open it up and... Congratulations!

matisDS

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
Belgium
Hahaha that is really unfortunate! BUT... think about how good you will feel the morning. You see in your inbox "Apple Developer" You open it up and... Congratulations!

That is a scenario I can only dream of! But after seeing some video's on YouTube I started losing the mood.

nicholasgis

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Tennessee
Agree

That is a scenario I can only dream of! But after seeing some video's on YouTube I started losing the mood.

Yeah I can not agree more! The ones on Youtube are insane, and I hope there are only a few of those so I have a chance!!

----------

Around 8 Days, 16 Hours, 19 Minutes until we all find out! HURRY!!:apple:

Anyone else want to submit screenshots of their apps?

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
The anxiety is growing greater

Damn straight, those ones on YouTube are so nice, they make mines look bad. Im so nervous now for the ones who aren't on YouTube and even look better! Haha, I hope I still have a chance! :eek:

nicholasgis

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Tennessee
Damn straight, those ones on YouTube are so nice, they make mines look bad. Im so nervous now for the ones who aren't on YouTube and even look better! Haha, I hope I still have a chance! :eek:

haha yeah exactly! Can only hope and pray!

----------

Here is a link to my video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaUURIz9TA Once you watch my video you can clearly see why I am worried!! I don't have many animations/ interaction points like the others found on Youtube!

Anybody else here have screenshots/videos?

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
ARE YOU SERIOUS NICHOLAS? I saw your app on YouTube and that's one I was worried about, you never see apps where it can talk to you. Your app is clean and beautiful, you shouldn't be worried!

nicholasgis

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Tennessee
ARE YOU SERIOUS NICHOLAS? I saw your app on YouTube and that's one I was worried about, you never see apps where it can talk to you. Your app is clean and beautiful, you shouldn't be worried!

Hahaha Oh my gosh I can't believe that you think it is good!! Thank you though!
Do you have any screenshots you can post on here or send me privately for your app? (If you don't want to post them here my contact info is on the youtube video.) I understand if you don't want to share though!

matisDS

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
Belgium
haha yeah exactly! Can only hope and pray!

----------

Here is a link to my video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaUURIz9TA Once you watch my video you can clearly see why I am worried!! I don't have many animations/ interaction points like the others found on Youtube!

Anybody else here have screenshots/videos?

Wow this app is really awesome! There is no need to worry at all! This is my video please tell me what you think.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YwxvRMpRE

Last edited:

JafarH

macrumors member
May 16, 2013
Hahaha Oh my gosh I can't believe that you think it is good!! Thank you though!
Do you have any screenshots you can post on here or send me privately for your app? (If you don't want to post them here my contact info is on the youtube video.) I understand if you don't want to share though!

Aha I do want to share it, but seeing all these great apps, I'm nervous to share it :p! Yes your apps wasn't good, it was great. Don't you worry Nicholas. :D

----------

Wow this app is really awesome! There is no need to worry at all! This is my video please tell me what you think.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YwxvRMpRE

You're app is very smart. By smart, I mean it requires the user to interact with the app so they can find out more about you. It's great that they have to touch the screen, touch all the circles to find out more about you. It's brilliant buddy. The only thing i have to say, is the design of the app, it could use a little more color, because aside from functionality of the app, Apple looks at the design closely. But you shouldn't worry Matis! Good luck to you! :cool:

matisDS

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
Belgium
You're app is very smart. By smart, I mean it requires the user to interact with the app so they can find out more about you. It's great that they have to touch the screen, touch all the circles to find out more about you. It's brilliant buddy. The only thing i have to say, is the design of the app, it could use a little more color, because aside from functionality of the app, Apple looks at the design closely. But you shouldn't worry Matis! Good luck to you! :cool:

Thanks for your comment! You also should know that there are cool sound effects that you can't hear very well on the video. And yes, design of apps is one of my weak points. :( I really don't know what to do to create a great design. When I try something with colors the interface starts to look very cheap and unprofessional, that's the reason why I keep it very basic. Does anyone has some tips to learn designing apps? That should be great! :cool:

----------

Aha I do want to share it, but seeing all these great apps, I'm nervous to share it :p!

Please share it! I would love to see what you made!:rolleyes::p:eek::D:apple::apple::apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.